The Best Orzo Salad with Spinach is very light, juicy, and flavorful in every bite! Loaded with ribbons of fresh spinach, tender semolina orzo, juicy olives, and feta cheese, and tossed with a tangy vinaigrette, makes this the Best Orzo Salad EVER!
Best Orzo Salad with Spinach…
- Tasty and flavorful, it’s quick to whip up and chilled before serving.
- An easy make-ahead salad!
- Ideal salad to be served alone, or as a side dish to complement any main dish at brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- A delightful salad to bring to barbecues, potluck, and even picnics.
- This fresh-tasting salad will go perfectly with grilled seafood or meats.
Simple, yet very tasty, this orzo salad with spinach is one you’ll want to make all year long! 😉
A few years ago, my daughter Lizzy first saw this orzo salad at Whole Foods and would buy it often. At that time, I knew I could duplicate it and save her some money and trips to Whole Foods.
It was sold in a small container for $8.00 dollars, which was a bit expensive.
When you make this salad yourself, it is definitely fresher and more cost-effective!
How to Make the Best Orzo Salad with Spinach? (*full recipe card below!)
For this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- kalamata olives
- feta cheese
- fresh spinach
- red onion
- extra virgin olive oil
- white balsamic vinegar
- orzo pasta
What makes this salad so flavorful?
1. Fresh ingredients lend a wonderful depth of savory flavors.
2. The kalamata olives along with the feta cheese and spinach definitely add additional bold flavors to this salad.
3. Plus, the vinaigrette ties it all together, making this salad truly AMAZING!
The outcome was fantastic!
Full of flavor and so tasty! Everyone raves about this salad.
NOTES and TIPS for BEST ORZO SALAD…
- The only thing you will need to cook with this recipe, of course, is the orzo pasta!
- Keep in mind, that orzo pasta takes a few minutes for it to come to a tender bite.
- Do not overcook the orzo pasta or you will end up with a mushy texture and it will not be good.
- Once the orzo pasta is ready, the rest of the ingredients are finely chopped and added, then tossed with a simple vinaigrette.
- No need to add a ton of ingredients to achieve the texture and flavors with this one. This orzo salad is simple yet it offers a wonderful balance of flavors!
- And for our gluten-free friends, make this salad using Gluten-Free Orzo!
It’s best to allow this orzo salad to chill and marinate for at least 30 minutes or more before serving.
This will allow all the ingredients to infuse together, making it much more flavorful.
It is SO good, it’s perfect to take it with you to work for lunch the next day!
Best orzo salad with spinach is easy enough to make a day in advance for a party or a luncheon and serve when guests arrive.
Best of all, this orzo salad will stay fresh for up to 4 days. So you can eat it for days!
… Please PIN and SHARE! …Thanks so much!
Additional Easy & Delicious Pasta Salads…
Also, try our Orzo Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
- 1/2 pound (8-ounce) orzo pasta
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red onion - minced
- 1 garlic clove - minced or crushed
- 1/4 cup celery - minced
- 2 to 3 handfuls of baby spinach (discard large stems) -rolled and sliced into ribbons
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 4 kalamata olives, pits removed - minced
- fresh black pepper and salt to taste
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water and bring to a full boil. Add the orzo pasta and cook the orzo according to the directions on the box, or until it is tender to the bite. Do not overcook the pasta, or you will end up with a mushy orzo that's not good for this salad.
- Drain, and run under cold water for a few seconds to stop the cooking. Drain well. Then transfer orzo to a mixing bowl.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients and toss until it is well combined. Taste the salad, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a salad bowl, cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Best served chilled and stays fresh for up to 4 days.
- Serves 4 to 5
You can add as much baby spinach as desired. Recipe is original by Anna.
Yield:4 to 5 servings
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 7.8gSaturated Fat: 1.6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 89mgCarbohydrates: 26.2gProtein: 5.8g