The Easiest Flourless Chocolate Cake is made with 3 whole eggs, chocolate chips, butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract. That’s it! Practically effortless and simple, this flourless chocolate cake (or flourless torte) is a mouthwatering, decadent dessert that bakes in 20 minutes. A magnificent cake to serve for any occasion.
What is a “flourless” cake?
A flourless cake is one that is made and baked without any flour in the ingredients. It is totally gluten-free and safe to consume for those who have celiac disease.
The Easiest Flourless Chocolate Cake…
This easy, decadent flourless chocolate cake is AMAZING! Trust me on this one.
After searching high and low for the easiest recipe, I finally stumbled upon this one.
- Most recipes required too many egg yolks, along with too many steps. But this recipe does not!
- In fact, this is a recipe that’s incredibly simple.
- There are only 6 ingredients, plus salt. All pantry ingredients – which I love.
- It is gluten-free and keto-friendly.
- The texture of this cake remarkably melts in your mouth with every bite.
- It is a cross between and molten cake and a molten brownie.
- Topped with chocolate ganache, and some fresh raspberries to make this 8-inch cake one fabulous dessert!
Best of all? …NO-Flour – what-so-ever! 😉
Ingredients for this decadent “flourless” chocolate cake…
These are the ingredients you will need for this easy recipe:
- CHOCOLATE: mini semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- BUTTER: choose unsalted, sweet butter.
- EGGS: only 3 whole eggs for the moistest texture.
- SUGAR: some granulated sugar is needed to make it sweet.
- COCOA POWDER: unsweetened cocoa powder to give it a rich chocolate flavor.
- VANILLA: vanilla extract is needed to infuse and add flavor.
Ok, let’s get started!
How to Make The Easiest Flourless Chocolate Cake?
There are 4 easy steps for making this delicious cake. (*full recipe card below!)
1. First, prepare your 8-inch springform cake pan. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the cake pan. (see my notes in the recipe card)
2. Next, melt butter and chocolate in the microwave (see my notes below) and whisk until smooth and blended.
3. Then, add the remaining ingredients, and whisk or stir until the batter is well combined.
4. Pour the cake batter into the prepared springform cake pan and transfer it into your preheated oven.
5. Bake the cake for 20 minutes, and the cake will form a thin crust on the top, and the center registers 200 degrees F with an instant-reader thermometer.
FINALLY, allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes. Then loosen the edges with a knife, open the clip, and lift off the “outer ring” of the pan. Allow the cake to cool completely before turning it over onto a cake plate and glazing it.
I made this cake twice! So, here are my Baking Tips and Notes:
- Do not overbake this cake. If you overbake it, the crust on top with form cracks. If that happens – it is ok, but the edges will be hard and will crumble when slicing.
- While baking, the cake will inflate (like a soufflé) and will form a thin crust on top. But when you remove it from the oven, the top will slowly deflate, and that’s ok.
- It’s best to allow the cake to cool completely before adding the ganache on top.
- To speed things up, I like to put the cake in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to cool before glazing.
- Then add the ganache on top and allow the glaze to set before serving.
Options for serving…
You can easily serve this flourless chocolate cake with some of these additional options:
- powdered sugar sprinkled on top
- fresh sliced strawberries and mint leaves
- a side of whipped cream or homemade whipped cream
- fresh raspberries on top (as in the photo)
- or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side (it’s the best!)
WATCH OUR VIDEO! How to make this Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake? (1 minute!)
…Don’t forget to PIN it!
Looking for additional gluten-free desserts? …try these:
- Chocolate Covered Dates
- Gluten-Free French Chocolate Cake
- Gluten-Free Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Apricots
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Pudding
FOR CHOCOLATE CAKE:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 8 Tbsp.)(113g) unsalted butter - cut into pieces
- 1 cup (240g) of semi-sweet "mini" chocolate chips or regular chips
- 3/4 cup (151g) of granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (62g) unsweetened cocoa powder (or Dutch process cocoa powder
FOR THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1/4 cup of half and half (or heavy cream)
- fresh raspberries - to decorate on top
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (200. C). Lightly spray the bottom and sides with cooking spray and an 8-inch springform cake pan. Then cut a piece of parchment to fit the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- MAKE THE CAKE: Place the mini chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds intervals until the butter is melted and the chocolate chips are glossy and softened. Stir until the chocolate and butter are fully blended.
- Next, add the sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Stir the mixture until well blended.
- Then add the eggs and cocoa powder and use a whisk or fork to vigorously stir in the eggs and cocoa until the mixture is well blended and no lumps are visible.
- Spoon the cake batter into the prepared 8-inch cake pan and smooth the batter with the back of the spoon or spatula.
- BAKE the cake for 20 minutes, until the top form a thin crust, or it registers at least 200 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer inserted in its center.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Use a table knife to slide around the edges of the pan. Open the latch and remove the pan ring. Allow the cake to cool completely before turning it over onto a cake plate. NOTE: when you turn it over, the top will now be on the bottom. (See my notes below).
- Once the cake is cooled, you can carefully turn it onto a cake plate or serving plate. (See my notes below) Remove the parchment paper.
- MAKE THE GANACHE: While the cake is still cooling, prepare the chocolate ganache. Pour half and half into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat the cream in the microwave for 30 seconds, until it is very hot. Add the chocolate chips and stir until completely melted.
- Spread the chocolate ganache on top of the cooled cake. Place the cake into the fridge for at least 15 minutes or more to set it.
- Decorate with fresh raspberries or fresh strawberries on top. Slice the cake into slices, and serve with powdered sugar on top.
- Serves 10 to 12
*See our Video or Photos in the post.
An easy way to turn over the cake? The best way to turn the cake over is to carefully place a cake plate directly on top of the cake.
NEXT, gently hold it down with the palm of your hand, then lift up the cake with your other hand and carefully flip it over onto the cake plate. Remove the bottom cake pan and parchment paper, and now it is ready to glaze.
You can easily serve this flourless cake with either fresh berries, whipped cream, or with a scoop of ice cream on the side. It's amazing!
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 11.6gCarbohydrates: 18.8gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 16.3gProtein: 2.9g
That’s it, friends! Any questions? … ask away!
If you tried our Easiest Flourless Chocolate Cake, let us know and leave a comment. Snap a photo and share it on Pinterest, or on Instagram, tag us #2sistersrecipes and @2sistersrecipes. So we can see your creations! 🙂
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new recipe and reminders of great older ones.
Thanks for stopping by…
Happy and Healthy Baking! 🙂
xo anna and liz