Fabulously Easy Carrot Cake
This Fabulously Easy Carrot Cake is a delicious take on the classic carrot cake. Loaded with fresh carrots, olive oil, and 3 kinds of organic super seeds, offering this carrot cake a healthy boost of protein, fiber, and Omega-3’s. Topped with a simple cream cheese frosting, completes this dessert with a luscious result and a 5-star rating.
This Special Carrot Cake…
This fabulously easy carrot cake is an ultra-moist and delicious tasting cake that’s and not too sweet. It is the perfect dessert for the carrot cake lover in your life.
Best of all, all three powerful seeds, which are chia seeds, flaxseed meal, and hulled hemp seeds, are easily found and blended in one package of Better Body Foods brand: Organic Super Seeds.
An ideal blend to add to this already flavorful carrot cake recipe.
The result? Truly amazing!
Everyone LOVED it, and gave it a “thumbs-up” 😉
How to Make this Fabulously Easy Carrot Cake?
For this recipe, you will only need a few things and NO fancy equipment is required.
- 2 mixing bowls…
- one good whisk…
- and, a 9 x 12-inch baking pan to make it a carrot sheet cake.
(*full recipe card below!)
Ingredients Needed for our Carrot Sheet Cake…
For our carrot cake, you will need the following ingredients:
1. FRESH CARROTS: you will need 3 cups of minced carrots. We recommend it’s best to use a mini food chopper and pulse and few times to finely chop them.
2. OLIVE OIL: we prefer to use good-quality olive oil for baking. Also, if you only have extra virgin olive oil, you can use that too.
3. EGGS: this recipe requires 4 whole eggs to make this cake lusciously moist and delicious.
4. SPICES: only one spice is used in this carrot cake and that is pumpkin pie spice. You will need 1 teaspoon, and it does the job without measuring too many other spices.
5. SUPER SEEDS: you will need 2/3 cup of the mixture of organic super seeds. All 3 super seeds come in one package! No need to measure them individually, making this cake even easier.
6. PANTRY STAPLES: all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. (*FULL measurements are in our recipe card below!)
7. For the FROSTING: only 1 package of cream cheese, 2 cups of powdered sugar, and some vanilla extract.
QUICK TIP! This sheet cake can easily be cut into squares or bars, and if you use a cookie cutter, they can be cut even into circles.
4-Easy Steps to make this carrot cake…
STEP 1: In a large bowl, stir together flour, super seeds, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set it aside.
STEP 2: Use a second large bowl, and stir to combine carrots, sugars, eggs, and olive oil.
STEP 3: Spoon the carrot mixture all at once into the flour mixture. Stir well until the entire cake batter is well combined. NOTE: You can use a large wooden spoon or a whisk. Keep in mind, the batter will be very thick.
FINAL STEP: Bake in the oven for about 28 to 32 minutes. Allow the cake to cool before adding the frosting on top.
Questions & Answers…
1. Can we make this sheet cake a classic traditional layer cake?
- Yes, of course. Prepare the batter as directed, and grease and lightly flour 2 (8-inch or 9-inch) round cake pans.
- Divide the batter between the pans. Bake for 25 to 32 minutes or until the toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool, invert onto a rack, cool completely, then spread one-half of the cream cheese frosting on top. Place the second cake layer on top of the frosting, and spread it with the remaining frosting.
2. Can we use a bag of shredded carrots for this recipe?
We do not recommend using a grocery bag of already shredded carrots, because they are not soft enough to use for baking. They are good for salads, but not for baked goods.
3. Do we need any special equipment?
- For this recipe you will need is a 9 x 12, (or 9 x 13inch) baking pan, a good whisk and 2 large mixing bowls.
- Plus, a mini food processor or a grater, to finely grate (or mince) fresh carrots. I prefer to use my mini food chopper – it works wonders!
4. How long do we need to bake this carrot cake?
- This sheet pan cake only needs 25 to 32 minutes of baking time.
- Plus, it bakes at 350 degrees F (180C) temperature.
5. Can we taste the “super seeds” in this carrot cake?
- Surprisingly, not at all! Everyone is surprised by the ingredients. Plus, no nuts, no raisins, and no pineapple are required in this recipe.
6. How to store carrot cake?
- Since carrot cake contains fresh carrots, we recommend storing the cake in a sealed container, or lightly wrap with clear wrap and refrigerate it.
- If kept chilled, it will stay fresh longer and for up to 4 to 5 days (if it lasts that long!).
7. Can we freeze this carrot cake?
- Yes, you can, but keep in mind, the cream cheese has a tendency to crumble up a bit when frozen and thawed.
- As cream cheese frosting has quite a high-fat content, it does freeze quite well.
8. If Frozen? How do we thaw this carrot cake with cream cheese frosting?
- The safest way “to thaw” this carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is to leave it in the fridge overnight.
This easy-to-make carrot cake is the perfect dessert for spring!
Super moist, lusciously delicious, and loaded with nutrients… everyone of all ages will love this cake.
Try this recipe, it won’t disappoint!
Have a great day and ENJOY!!
Additional Delicious Cake & Dessert Recipes…
- Bakery-Style Lemon Raspberry Cake
- No-Bake Raspberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Pineapple Crumble Bars
- Easy Ice Cream Cake (No-bake!)
- Pineapple Banana Spice Cake
Fabulously Easy Carrot Cake
This Fabulously Easy Carrot Cake is a luscious take on the classic carrot cake. Loaded with fresh carrots, olive oil, and 3 kinds of organic super seeds, giving this carrot cake a healthy boost of protein, fiber, and Omega-3's. Delicious, not too sweet, and topped with a cream cheese frosting, making this carrot cake a 5-star dessert!
- 1 + 1/2 cups (187grams) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cups (89.8grams) of Organic Super Seeds (Chia, Flaxseed Meal & Hulled Hemp Seeds)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 cups (300grams) of finely minced fresh carrots
- 1/2 cup (100grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100grams) packed light brown sugar
- 4 whole eggs - lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup olive oil
FOR THE FROSTING:
- 1 brick (8-ounce) (250grams) cream cheese - at room temperature
- 2 cups (224grams) of powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C). Grease a 9 x 12 baking pan and dust with flour. You can line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, and lightly spray it with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, super seeds, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Set it aside.
- In a second large bowl, stir to combine, carrots, sugars, eggs, and olive oil. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the carrot mixture all at once into the flour mixture. Stir well until the entire cake batter is well combined. NOTE: You can use a large wooden spoon or a whisk. Keep in mind, the batter will be very thick.
- Next, spoon the batter into the prepared cake pan. Use the back of the spoon or spatula to spread it evenly.
- BAKE on the center rack in the oven for 28 to 32 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow the cake to cook in the pan for 10 minutes. NOTE: I prefer to place the cake pan into the refrigerator to cool quickly, and for at least 20 minutes before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting! In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese with 2 cups of powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and with no visible lumps.
- Spread the frosting onto the carrot cake. Chill the cake for 10 minutes to set the frosting. Then cut into squares, or bars and serve.
- Yields: 14 to 16 servings
Yield:14 to 16 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 11.2gCarbohydrates: 27.2gFiber: 2.9gSugar: 11.3gProtein: 5.1g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
- Italian Cream Puffs for St. Joseph’s Day
- Perfect Veal Cutlet Milanese
- Crispy Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Easy Shrimp Dinner
Thanks for Pinning!
Hello friends! Are you cooking or baking with us? If you try our fabulously easy carrot cake recipe, let us know and leave a comment below!
Leave a comment below. We enjoy reading your comments, as it helps our readers and it helps us too! Also, you can follow us on Instagram and on Pinterest.
Enter your email and Subscribe! Get all our recipes “FREE” with reminders of great older ones too.
Thanks for stopping by…
Happy & Healthy Baking!
xo anna and liz
I love carrot cake esp. when smothered in a cream cheese icing. I guess pumpkin pie spice is nutmeg and cinnamon mostly? I would up that amount by about 4 or 5 times :=) I love a really spicy carrot cake!
Hi Sherry! Thanks so much! The pumpkin pie spice contains cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and one other spice. And yes! ..if you prefer it to be spicy flavor, by all mean you can add additional amount. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by! 🙂