Roasted Red Bell Peppers on the Grill
Roasted Red Bell Peppers on the Grill is ideally and perfect to cook and pickle them during the summer. These roasted red bell peppers are very sweet, delicious and an excellent source of carotene and vitamins A and C!
Roasted on the grill for a few minutes, then pickled in jars with extra virgin olive oil, a touch of salt and fresh garlic slices, gives you a wonderful and aromatic flavors.
When you combine the smokey flavors of these red peppers and infuse them with olive oil and garlic, they become incredible delicious. They are so good, you won’t be able to stop eating them!
Ingredients for Roasted Red Bell Peppers on the Grill:
8-10 bell peppers
1/2 to 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 Tsp. of salt
4 garlic cloves – sliced or chopped
fresh basil – only when serving
HOW TO ROAST RED BELL PEPPERS ON THE GRILL?
To roast peppers on the grill, you will need to follow these instructions:
- First, lay them down directly on top of your kitchen or outdoor grill. On medium-high heat, grill the peppers for a few minutes until charred on all sides. Use kitchen tongs to turn them, one by one. Continue until all the peppers are done.
- Next, place the charred peppers into a large brown paper bag. Close the bag, and allow the peppers to cool down.
- When peppers are cooled enough to handle, then take them out of th bag, one at a time.
- Gently peel off the charred skins, While you are working with the peppers, use your fingers to pull them apart, and into pieces, then remove all seeds and membranes from the pepper.
- Place the pieces into a nearby bowl or in a plate, until all the peppers have been cleaned. Do not rinse the peppers, you can rinse your hands, but not the peppers while working with them.
- Finally, place all the cleaned peppers into a mason jar or two.
- Fill the jars with extra virgin olive oil, fresh chopped garlic and some salt. Tightly seal the jars and marinate them for several hours or more before serving.
It’s that EASY!
Note’s and Tips…
- Refrigerated, they will keep fresh for up to 2 months.
- Make sandwiches! Mom makes these weekly for our Dad, Mario, who’s favorite sandwich is Italian bread with roasted peppers.
Pull out a desired amount, add some fresh chopped basil, mix and set aside. These peppers only need a few minutes at room temperature for the oil to thaw.
They can be eaten plain or served as a vegetable side.
Or, simply add them to salads, sandwiches or just on a slice of toasted bread. Mmm YUM!
Directions to Roast Red Bell Peppers on the Grill… (Step-by-Step!)
1. Grill them until lightly charred, about 3-5 minutes on all 4 sides .
2. Place them into a pot with lid. Cover. Allowing the peppers to steam for about 5 minutes. OR, place them into a brown bag, and close the bag to allow the peppers to steam for a few minutes.
3. Then allow them to cool….. before handling them.
4. Then carefully peel off and discard the skins and seeds of the peppers.
6. Place peppers into a bowl add the garlic slices, 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon of salt.
Mix gently and TASTE for salt. Add additional salt if needed.
7. Transfer peppers to a mason jar or container. Add enough olive oil (if needed) to level with the peppers to pickle them. Then refrigerate.
So simple to make, our Mom still tells us today that “everything is really easy once you put a little love and time into cooking!”
Enjoy them with some toasted Italian bread… the Italian way!
That’s it friends!
If you make these delicious roasted red bell peppers on the grill, let us know and leave a comment below!
Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE! Enter your email in our Subscribe Box and receive our recipes FREE every time we post a new one!
Have fun and snap a photo! Hashtag it on Instagram or Pinterest, and be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see what you make and share it with the world! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy and Healthy Cooking!
xo anna and liz
So glad you stopped by my blog, please feel free to come again! Your blog is absolutely delicious! I love all the simple Italian recipes! I'll be back for sure!
LOVE the concept of your blog… It is so sweet that you and your sister are doing this together, Anna! Beautiful family project, with some gorgeous recipes! Thanks for stopping by my blog 🙂 I hope you'll come back to visit again soon! 🙂 I love the simplicity and flavor of roasted red peppers! Yummy with so many things… I love roasted red peppers in my hummus too! Thanks for sharing!