Easy Baked Salmon with marinade always turns out moist, juicy, and absolutely delicious every time. The secret is in our 4-ingredient marinade that takes no time at all to make and makes a brothy-flavorful sauce when baked in the oven. YUM!
This recipe couldn’t be any easier. With a few pantry ingredients and 5 minutes to make the marinade, this is a great recipe for busy people.
This baked salmon is effortless to prepare. In fact, the time it takes to preheat my oven ( which usually takes about 20 minutes) is the same time needed to marinate the salmon.
For the Marinade…
Four simple ingredients are all you need to create the marinade and make this salmon best tasting.
Fresh ingredients in our marinade include lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, green onions, and white wine.
If you enjoyed our recipe for Easy Baked Swordfish, then you’ll enjoy this recipe for our baked salmon as well.
Ingredients Needed to Make Easy Baked Salmon…
For this easy baked salmon recipe, you will need for following ingredients:
Fresh Salmon (16-ounces) – about 3 pieces of salmon
extra-virgin olive oil
2 large lemons
3 to 4 green onions (scallions)
seasonings: sea salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper
extra lemon slices, as a garnish
One 8 or 9-inch, deep baking dish
What Sides to Serve Baked Salmon With?
There are so many sides to serve baked salmon with, like a simple side of steamed rice, or you can choose from any of these popular sides:
Broccoli Rabe Steamed and Sauteed (shown in the photo)
When you bake salmon with our marinade, the salmon always turns out flavorful.
Here’s a GREAT TIP!
The secret to this delicious recipe is to remove the skins from the salmon.
***Keep in mind, if you leave the skins on, the salmon will smell and taste a little fishy, even if you bake it in a bath of lemon and wine. So it’s best to have their bottom skins removed.
What To Look For When Buying Salmon…
Salmon steaks should be at least 1 + 1/2-inches thick or more.
If you can, look for wild-caught Atlantic salmon.
When salmon is fresh, they should not have any scent to them, not smell “fishy” what-so-ever.
Also, salmon should be firm to the touch and when you touch it, it should bounce back.
The color of salmon should be a pink or deep orange pinkish color.
Then ask the fishmonger to remove the bottom skins from them (I flipped over two pieces to show the skins have been removed).
How Long To Bake Salmon…
As always, all ovens vary. Depending on the oven you use, and how you prefer your salmon which is baked at 375 degrees F (187.8C). It’s best to keep an eye on them.
For medium-rare, bake salmon for about 15 minutes.
For well done, bake for 25 to 30 minutes or longer.
Easy Baked Salmon is a great dish to make all winter long. You will love this recipe for salmon for years to come. Try it!
LOVE Salmon ? …then try these delicious recipes:
Finally, you might enjoy a few more seafood dishes!
- Easy Baked Shrimp Scampi Dinner
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Inactive Time 1 minute
Total Time 31 minutes
- 1 pound Salmon ( about 3 pieces) - bottom skins removed
- 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil - divided
- 2 large lemons- juiced and divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder - divided
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. of white wine
- 3 to 4 green onions
- extra slices of lemon, as a garnish
- sea salt
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to Bake at 375 degrees F, (190.6 degrees C)
- Use a deep, baking dish just large enough to hold the salmon steaks. I used a medium-size baking dish for this recipe, a 2.5 quart (or 2.3 L ) 8-inch or 9-inch baking dish.
- First for the Marinade:
- On the bottom of the baking dish, drizzle 1 + 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, and squeeze 1 whole lemon, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of ground garlic powder.
- Place the salmon steaks on top of the first layer of marinade.
- Then, drizzle on top of each salmon with a little extra virgin olive oil, the remaining ( 1/2 teaspoon) garlic powder, and juice of the second lemon on top of the fish.
- Sprinkle with some sea salt and fresh black pepper. Then scatter with chopped green onions all around and on top of the fish. Then scatter white wine on top.
- Set it aside and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes to marinate.
- BAKE for 15 minutes for medium-rare, or until salmon is fully cooked, about 22 to 30 minutes. Salmon should be tender to the fork when touched.
- Remove from oven, allow the salmon to rest in the marinade. Transfer to a serving plate, and spoon the remaining lemon sauce from the baking dish over each salmon steak and serve.
- Serves 3
The time to make this salmon does not include the time needed to marinate.
Yield:3 to 4 servings
Serving Size:4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 17.5gCarbohydrates: 1.6gFiber: .4gSugar: .5gProtein: 22.3g
… Thanks for PINNING!
Hey friends! Tried our Easy Baked Salmon?
Let us know and leave a comment and star rating on our recipe card. We’d love to hear from you!
Plus, NEVER MISS our Recipes!
Subscribe to our “2 Sisters Recipes Weekly Newsletter” and get our recipes FREE, every time we post and reminders of some great older ones too!
Follow us! Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter.
Stay Healthy … and Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz
|Amount per serving: 4 ounces|
|Calories : 252|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17.5g|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.6g|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g|
|Total Sugars 0.5g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg 0%|
|Calcium 66mg 5%|
|Iron 1mg 7%|
|Potassium 642mg 14%|