Need an easy salad recipe the whole family will devour? Our Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad is made with diced tomatoes, fresh herbs, diced cucumber, and cooked quinoa and tossed with a tangy lemon vinaigrette. And, it is positively delicious!
Whether you’re entertaining an intimate soiree or just your loved ones, it’s barbecue season, and it often becomes the focal point of our outdoor meals. These days we crave salads that are packed with fresh ingredients, healthy goodness, and most of all, lots of flavors!
This Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad is the perfect salad to make this summer!
It’s vegan, gluten-free, loaded with nutrients, and TOTALLY Delicious! Perfect to serve at BBQs, picnics, and potluck.
What is Tabbouleh? (pronounced as “tah-boo-lee”)
We love Tabbouleh (also spelled as Tabouli) and it is a salad traditionally made with bulgur wheat, finely chopped ingredients like parsley, and chopped tomatoes.
It is a traditional Lebanese salad made with only fresh parsley. No lettuce.
But here, we have made it with our favorite healthy grain, quinoa instead, and added some additional fresh herbs and even fresh chopped cucumbers for additional crunch.
It turned out AMAZING … to say the least!
This quinoa tabbouleh salad is loaded with freshly diced cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, garlic, basil, mint, and quinoa.
A refreshing taste in every bite! This salad is SO good, you’ll go back for more.
It is best of all tossed with a lemon vinaigrette that gives it that amazing fresh and tangy flavor.
As you know, quinoa (pronounced as keen-wah) is a gluten-free grain that’s rich in nutrients.
It’s cooked like rice, and you can cook it with only water, or cook it with chicken or vegetable broth.
Besides, it cooks up quickly, about 15 minutes.
We love to incorporate it into our salads and even into our main dishes all year long.
Some of our favorite quinoa recipes are:
This Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad is very light and full of flavor. Best of all, it is simple to make and offers a vibrant side dish that will compliment your table!
These days, gluten-free is no longer a “food-fad” – it’s become a lifestyle change!
I have to tell you, you need to make this salad this summer, it’s that good – and healthy!
Finally, a few more Quinoa Salads…
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
- 3 cups water
- 1 + 1/2 cups quinoa, pre-washed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 2 lemons, and extra
- 20 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pint)- diced
- 1 English cucumber - diced
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa with water in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Quinoa is fully cooked with your see little rings. Remove and set aside for additional 10 minutes, while covered. Stir with a fork to fluff.
- Transfer quinoa to a large serving bowl.
- In a small measuring cup, stir the olive oil and lemon juice together.
- Pour over the quinoa. Add all the rest of the ingredients, and mix until well combined. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and allow the salad to cool. Then, cover the bowl with clear wrap and refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Just before you serve, toss again and taste the salad one last time. The quinoa will absorb some of the vinaigrette and therefore, you may need to add additional to your liking. Then serve.
- Best served chilled.
- Serves: 8 to 10
Yield:8 to 10 servings
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 6.9gCarbohydrates: 25.1gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 7.2gProtein: 5.7g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
… Thanks for Pinning!
|Serving size: 1/2 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.9g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.1g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||17%|
|Total Sugars 7.2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|