This Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad is loaded with diced tomatoes, fresh herbs, diced cucumber, and quinoa. It is tossed with a tangy lemon vinaigrette, making this quinoa tabbouleh salad positively healthy and delicious!
If you’re planning an intimate soiree or just your loved ones, it’s barbecue season and it often becomes the focal point of our outdoor meals.
These days we crave salads that are packed with fresh ingredients, healthy goodness, and most of all, lots of flavors!
This quinoa tabbouleh salad is the perfect salad to serve all season long. It’s vegan, gluten-free, and loaded with nutrients, and flavor!
It is an ideal salad to serve at:
So, What is Tabbouleh? (pronounced as “tah-boo-lee”)
- Tabbouleh (also spelled as Tabouli) is a salad traditionally made with bulgur wheat, finely chopped ingredients like fresh parsley, and chopped tomatoes.
- It is a traditional Lebanese salad made with only fresh parsley. No lettuce.
How to Make Our Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad?
For this recipe, you will need to finely chop all the fresh veggies and herbs.
- healthy grain, cooked quinoa
- cherry tomatoes
- cloves of garlic
- fresh herbs – fresh basil, parsley, and mint.
- lemons to juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
I decided to toss in some diced cucumbers to my salad for an additional texture and crunch.
The result? … is AMAZING!
A refreshing taste in every bite! This salad is SO good, you’ll go back for more.
The lemon vinaigrette is what gives it that amazing fresh and tangy flavor.
A great salad to make ahead! Best part? It stays fresh for up to 3 days, kept chilled in your refrigerator.
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa is pronounced as “keen-wah” it is a gluten-free grain that’s rich in nutrients. Here’s what you need to know about quinoa.
- It cooks easily, like rice. Plus, you can cook it with only water, or with chicken or vegetable broth.
- Besides, it cooks up quickly, about 15 minutes.
- It is a healthy grain, containing more nutrients than rice
- High in fiber and protein.
We love to incorporate quinoa into our salads and even into some of our main dishes all year long.
A few of our Favorite Recipes for Quinoa are:
This Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad is very light and full of flavor. Best of all, it is simple to make and offers a vibrant side dish that will compliment your table!
These days, gluten-free is no longer a “food fad” – it’s become a lifestyle change!
I have to tell you, you need to make this salad, it’s that good – and healthy!
Finally, a few more Quinoa Salads…
- 3 cups water
- 1 + 1/2 cups quinoa, pre-washed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, about 2 lemons, and extra
- 20 cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pint)- diced
- 1 English cucumber - diced
- 3 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa with water in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Quinoa is fully cooked with your see little rings. Remove and set aside for additional 10 minutes, while covered. Stir with a fork to fluff.
- Transfer quinoa to a large serving bowl.
- In a small measuring cup, stir the olive oil and lemon juice together.
- Pour over the quinoa. Add all the rest of the ingredients, and mix until well combined. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside and allow the salad to cool. Then, cover the bowl with clear wrap and refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours before serving.
- Just before you serve, toss again and taste the salad one last time. The quinoa will absorb some of the vinaigrette and therefore, you may need to add additional to your liking. Then serve.
- Best served chilled.
- Serves: 8 to 10
Yield:8 to 10 servings
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 6.9gCarbohydrates: 25.1gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 7.2gProtein: 5.7g
In case you missed it…
Most Popular Recipes of the Week:
… Thanks for Pinning!
|Serving size: 1/2 cup|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6.9g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.1g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||17%|
|Total Sugars 7.2g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|