When you combine cheesecake with cranberry sauce and white chocolate chips and make them into these delicious Cheesecake Cranberry Bars, you just made a fabulous dessert! The tart flavor of cranberries paired with the sweet cream cheese, white chocolate chips, and oats, makes these bars very crumbly-berry delicious!
Perfect to make-ahead and freeze for the holidays.
I wanted to make a cheesecake bar with my favorite holiday cranberries, not only for a festive color but because my family loves cranberries.
In my recipe, I used whole-berry cranberry sauce. Plus, my crumble mixture is used for both the crust and the topping.
Also, I added some lemon juice into the cheesecake mixture to balance out the tartness of the cranberries.
White chocolate chips add a wonderful dimension and texture to these cheesecake cranberry bars, offering a soft crumble in every bite, making them irresistible!
Cheesecake Cranberry Bars are festive enough for any holiday season.
Bring these cheesecake cranberry bars to any get-together or gathering and they will disappear in a flash!
So good, we guarantee these bars will be loved by kids and adults alike; and we are absolutely sure of that!
Easy to make, bake, and chill! 🙂
Also, this recipe is a good way to use some of your leftover cranberry sauce!
You only need about 1 + 1/2 cups (up to 2 cups) of whole-berry cranberry sauce, and the batter only needs minutes to prepare and bake for 25 minutes.
These bars really turned out so good, and even better than I had expected.
Best of all, you can make these bars two weeks ahead and freeze them! Then transfer them to a serving plate and serve.
So go ahead and make them!
Cheesecake Cranberry Bars are festive enough for any holiday season. Try them!
NOTES and GREAT TIPS!
We recommend when baking is done, allow it to cool completely and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight before cutting into bars.
These bars are easier to cut after they have been chilled for a few hours. You can serve them frozen too. They are so good, chilled, or frozen.
To Freeze Bars, line an airtight container with wax or parchment paper. Place the bars in a single layer, separate layers with a sheet of wax or parchment paper. Bars can be frozen for up to one month.
To Thaw Bars, simply arrange bars on a serving plate, and serve. They will thaw quickly, less than 10 minutes.
We also provided links to the ingredients, so you can have them delivered to your door. No need to run out to get them (if you don’t have to) … just sayin’ 😉
* Follow our Step-by-Step directions, or jump down to the bottom for our full recipe card!
Ingredients Needed for these Bars (with links for delivery):
2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
1 + 3/4 cups Quaker oats, uncooked (not instant)
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup (or 12 Tbsp.) butter, softened
1 + 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lemon juice (1 large lemon)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
14-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
2 Tbsp. corn starch
Easy 3 Steps to Make these Cheesecake Cranberry Bars:
Step 1: Make the Crumble Mixture for both Crust and Topping…
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and oats. Cut butter into pieces and mix into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. You can use a pastry cutter or use both your hands to crumble the mixture.
2. Next, stir in white chocolate chips, and reserve 2 and 1/2 cups of crumb mixture for the topping. 3. Press the remaining crumble mixture into a lightly greased 12″ x 9″ deep baking dish. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Cheesecake Filling…
1. In the same large bowl (no need to rinse the bowl) beat cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy and smooth.
2. Pour cream cheese mixture over the crust. Spread a layer evenly using the back of a spoon.
Step 3: Make the Cranberry Filling…
1. In a small bowl, combine and blend the cranberry sauce with corn starch and spoon over cream cheese mixture. The cranberry sauce will be a very thin layer, so spread it evenly, the best you can.
2. Finally, sprinkle the reserved crumble mixture on top. Lightly press down on top of the crumble with the palm of your hands, to set it firmly.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees (178 C). BAKE for 22 – 28 minutes, or until golden. Allow cooling completely before cutting into bars. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving, or overnight. Best served chilled.
Yields: 2 dozen
… Thanks for PINNING!
More Delicious Desserts and Bars…