This Starbucks Pumpkin Scones Copycat is our favorite recipe for these mini pumpkin scones. Moist, tender, and pumpkin-delicious! These mini pumpkin scones make the perfect little snack to serve with your favorite tea or coffee!
Starbucks Mini Pumpkin Scones
For the past few years, I enjoyed Starbucks mini scones; especially the pumpkin ones this time of year. But with this recipe, everyone can enjoy these pumpkin mini scones without running out to buy them.
Best of all, you can enjoy them anytime, morning, noon, or at night when your sweet tooth strikes.
They will go perfectly with our easy Pumpkin Spice Lattes, or with our Easy Low-Fat Caffe Lattes. YUM!
Additionally, we’ll show you how to make them easily and for a fraction of the cost.
Starbucks Pumpkin Scones Copycat Recipe
For years, I have always wanted to make scones. Now I have the perfect excuse.
You see, we love pumpkin scones and especially the “mini” ones at Starbucks. But this year for some reason they are nowhere to be found.
Needless to say, the large ones are available but they are very high in calories (about 450 calories and up, per scone) and loaded in sugar. YIKES and no thanks.
So you can imagine how disappointed I was when I discovered Starbucks was only distributing the large-size scones, and not making the mini ones anymore. That’s when I decided to get back into the kitchen and make these mini ones myself.
With this easy recipe, you too can make them in your kitchen, and enjoy them all season long.
So let’s get started, shall we…
How to make Starbucks Mini Pumpkin Scones…
First, you will need these ingredients for Mini Pumpkin Scones… (*full recipe card below!)
all-purpose flour – you will need 2 + 1/4 cups (272g).
light brown sugar – 1/3 cup (65g) packed
some spices – ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and ginger
baking soda, and salt
butter – 1/2 cup (115g), (1 stick, or 8 Tbsp.)
pumpkin puree – 1/2 cup (113g)
some milk or non-dairy milk
1 large egg
and powdered sugar – for the glazing
There are a few easy steps to making these mini pumpkin scones.
The first step is to make the dough.
1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Then add the pieces of butter.
3. Mix the butter into the flour mixture, using your hands.
4. Next, add in all the wet ingredients and mix until it incorporates. The dough will be very sticky. Then add in the remaining flour. No need to chill the dough beforehand.
5. Knead the dough in the bowl.
6. Transfer to a floured surface.
7. Pat the dough, and flatten it (about 1/2 to 3/4-inch thick) to an oval or rectangular shape.
8. Then grab a rolling pin and a sheet of wax paper, and lightly roll over it, once, to make it seamless.
9. Slice or cut the dough into triangle pieces with a pizza cutter or knife. I realized I cut them too big, and therefore, I had to cut them again, into smaller triangles. Then bake them for 12 minutes.
10. Optional: Make the glaze and dip each one into the glaze. Let the glaze set. Then the final step is to make a second spiced glaze to drizzle over them.
Baking Notes and Tips…
It is best to slice the dough, vertically into 3 pieces (not in half, as shown in the photo). Then cut into triangles. This will allow you to cut into small triangles easily.
When cutting them into triangles, don’t fret to make them perfectly shaped. They will bake evenly.
The dough will be very soft.
Bake until the scones show some cracks on top.
This recipe will also make the large scones, about 16 large ones.
It’s best to allow the scones to cool before glazing them.
These scones will have a soft texture, just like the ones at Starbucks.
Glazing the scones is optional, but they are so much more delicious with both glazes.
STORING and FREEZING: Keep these scones in a sealed container. They will stay fresh for up to 4 days, and longer if kept in the refrigerator. They freeze beautifully, and for up to one month.
Starbucks Pumpkin Scones Copycat Recipe is very straightforward, and not complicated. This recipe will yield 32 to 36 mini scones, enough to share with family and friends.
Best of all, one mini pumpkin scone is only 75 calories! So you can have two – guilt-free!
Try this recipe – you’ll love them too.
More delicious Pumpkin Treats!
Prep Time 16 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 28 minutes
- 2 + 1/4 cups ( 272g) all-purpose flour - divided
- 1/3 cup ( 65g) packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) butter ( 1 stick, or 8 Tbsp.)- cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (113g) pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. any non-dairy milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For The GLAZE:
- 1 cup (130g) powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. water
For Spiced Glazed:
- 1 cup (130g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. ginger
- dash of nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204.4C). Place a sheet of parchment paper on two baking sheets and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir 2 cups of flour with the rest of the dry ingredients. Cut the butter into pieces and add them to the flour mixture. Using both hands to mix the butter into the flour mixture, until it is very crumbly.
- Next, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the pumpkin puree mixture and use a wooden spoon to blend until all the flour is well incorporated. The dough will be very sticky at this point. Now, you can use your hands to knead the dough inside the bowl. Now, sprinkle in the remaining 1/4 cup of flour, and work it into the dough.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface. Gently pat it to flatten. Flip it over and continue to flatten to shape it into an oval or rectangular, at least 1/2-inch thick.
- Use a cookie cutter, or sharp knife to slice the dough vertically into 3 sections, then cut into mini triangles. If you need to, flour the cookie cutter or knife to help cut into triangles.
- Use a spatula to transfer the mini scones onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until they show cracks on top.
- Remove and allow the scones to cool completely on the wire rack before glazing.
Directions for Glazing:
- Using a fork, first blend the powdered sugar with water in a small bowl. Take each scone, one at a time and dip into the glaze and allow to drip off excess. Then transfer it back to the wire rack and allow the glaze to set. Continue until all the scones have been dipped.
To Drizzle the Spiced Glaze:
- In the same bowl, blend the powdered sugar with all the spices and water. Use a fork to drizzle over each scone. Allow the glaze to settle and dry before storing them in a container.
- Yields: 32 to 36 mini pumpkin scones
Yield:32 to 34 mini scones
Serving Size:1 mini scone
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 75Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1.8gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: .3gSugar: 5.1gProtein: 1g