Grilled Filet Mignon Wrapped with Bacon ~ Why not skip the Steakhouse this time and try these Filet Mignon steaks wrapped with bacon! Easy, delicious, and grilled in minutes to perfection! Tender, juicy inside with a smoky and crispy crust outside is how these filet mignons turn out.
When it comes to grilling meat, my husband does it best! Today, I’m excited to show you how easy it is to grill these filet mignons without any fuss.
OK, I think I might have a solution for your Father’s Day gift idea. Well maybe. Instead of buying another shirt or gift card, how about impressing him by grilling a special dinner?
With easy tips on grilling a perfect filet mignon, and serving them with a side of some delicious vegetables, along with a special bottle of wine to go with it, may just do the trick!
All you will need is to buy a package of filet mignon at your local supermarket or at your butcher shop and a package of smoked bacon. One filet mignon per person should be enough, and they should weigh approximately about 4 or 5 ounces each.
The steaks should also be approximately 1-inch and half, to 2-inches thick.
How to Make Grilled Filet Mignon Wrapped with Bacon!
- First, take one slice of bacon (or 2 if needed) and wrap each one, and secure them with toothpicks (as shown in the photo).
2. Next, place the steaks on a dish or platter and generously season over them with garlic powder, fresh cracked black pepper, and some salt.
3. Then allow the steaks to sit on the counter to warm up to room temperature, about 10 to 15 minutes. If the steaks are ice cold when you put them on the grill, they will not cook as well.
4. In the meantime, start to heat up your grill, and on high heat. Spray the grill with olive oil spray. When the grill is ready and hot, transfer and place the filet mignons onto the grill.
If you decide to close the lid, you will need to lower the heat to medium, or they will burn or cook too quickly.
5. Next, grill the steaks for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, depending on how you prefer them. Just before you take them off the grill (about 1 to 2 minutes before they are ready) add a slice of butter (about 1/2 tablespoon) on top of each steak.
6. When the butter is completely melted, remove and serve!
These filet mignons turn out moist, juicy, and flavorful with every bite! Serve them with some delicious sides and make the meal memorable.
What to Serve with these Grilled Filet Mignons…
So many choices to choose from! These grilled filet mignons wrapped with bacon would go perfectly with a green salad and any of our vegetable sides:
- Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Sauteed Broccolini
- Oven Steak Fries – Restaurant Style!
- Roasted Asparagus with Prosciutto and Cheese
- Baked Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Parmesan Cheese
- Sweet Peas with Onions and Capers
Don’t forget to Pin this one to your Dinner Board! … and Thanks for PINNING!
Grilled Filet Mignon Wrapped with Bacon will make an impressive dinner!
This meal is definitely restaurant-quality and worth making. Best of all, it is cost-effective.
Oh, and don’t forget the wine! A Cabernet or Sauvignon would be great to serve with filet mignon. Then relax and enjoy!!
In the meantime, we’d like to wish all the wonderful fathers out there a very Happy and Healthy Fathers Day!!
- 4 to 5 Filet mignon steaks ( about 4 or 5 ounces each) 1.5 -inches thick
- 1 package of smoked bacon
- organic garlic powder
- salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 stick of salted butter
- thick toothpicks
- Take each filet mignon and wrap with 1 slice (or 2 slices if needed) of bacon the sides of each filet. Secure with toothpicks.
- Place the steaks on a dish or platter. Generously season over them with garlic powder, fresh cracked black pepper, and some salt. Then allow the steaks to sit on the counter to warm up to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Heat grill on high heat. Place the filet mignons onto the grill and grill them for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, depending on rare, medium or well.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of salted butter on top of each filet. Allow the butter to melt. Remove the steaks and serve immediately.
- Yields: 1 filet mignon per person
Hello friends! If you make try our recipe for grilled filet mignon wrapped with bacon, let us know and leave a comment below! We’d love to hear from you. Your comments not only help everyone who reads them, but they help us too!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our ‘Subscribe Box’ and receive our recipes FREE every time we post a new one, and reminders of great older posts too!