5 Barbecue Sauces to Make This Summer! When it comes to grilling, a great barbecue sauce to rub on or dip into is essential. Try making any one of these delicious, fresh-tasting barbecue sauces for your grilling season. If you are a barbecue lover, we realized everyone has one favorite barbecue sauce or another. But here in the South, we found 5 great barbecue sauces for everyone to try.
No need to travel to the South to taste and enjoy these different barbecue sauces.
From sweet and spicy, to creamy and peppery, we’ve got you covered!
Cooking shows about grilling and barbecue sauces have become popular over the past years. Thanks to chefs like Guy Fieri, and Bobby Flay, who constantly travel throughout the country visiting many restaurants and even those that specialize in barbecue. And of course, the famous pitmaster from Master Class, Mr. Aaron Franklin, just to name a few.
There’s nothing like a great barbecue sauce to enhance the flavors of smoked and grilled meats. All of them can be used as rubs, and for dipping as condiments.
Best of all, they take 5 minutes to prepare!
We have searched high and low to bring you 5 great barbecue sauces to make this summer. They can easily be stored in mason jars or plastic sealed containers and kept chilled.
These 5 Great Barbecue Sauces are from 4 Southern States and one from the Midwest…
Kansas City, MO
Whether your grilling for two or twenty, all these BBQ sauces will complement any grilled meats, chicken, smoked brisket, or pork chops.
1. Kansas City- Style Barbecue Sauce ~ starts with ketchup, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice along with 6 seasonings to give you that sweet and tangy flavors with some heat. Slather across some fresh sliced grilled London Broil Steak, or ribs.
2. Texas-Style Barbecue Sauce ~ starts with ketchup, apple cider vinegar, and some brown sugar along with spices to give you a touch of sweetness along with some heat. Perfect for smoked, or slow-cooked brisket and grilled pork chops.
3. Alabama-Style White Sauce ~ starts with mayonnaise and white vinegar including some seasonings and even hot sauce to give it that glorious Southern-style creaminess with a ton of flavors. Perfect to dip grilled or smoked chicken, wings, and ribs.
4. South Carolina-Style Mustard Sauce ~ starts with yellow mustard plus 5 pantry staple ingredients to make this a delicious tasting barbecue sauce.
5. North Carolina-Style Vinegar Sauce ~ is a simple vinegar sauce made with only 4 ingredients. It’s best to set this sauce aside to marinate for 4 hours or more before serving. Fat-free, calorie-free, and no sugar.
Any of these barbecue sauces will enhance all your grilled and smoked meats.
What to serve at your next barbecue…
Serve up some of your favorite meats with some grilled corn, a side of our easy Italian macaroni salad, and our drunken baked beans casserole and you’ll have an AMAZING barbecue this weekend!
How about some salads!
…and oh, don’t forget about desserts for your BBQ!
… OK, now you can PIN it to your BBQ board!
Finally, just in case…
If you are interested in purchasing a few popular barbecue sauces, you can find them on Amazon. Just click on the red title:
For KANSAS CITY-STYLE BBQ Sauce: ( yields 2.5 cups)
For Texas Style BBQ Sauce: (makes 2 cups)
For ALABAMA-STYLE White Sauce: (yields 2 cups)
For SOUTH CAROLINA -STYLE Mustard Sauce: (makes 3.5 cups)
For NORTH CAROLINA Vinegar Sauce: ( makes 2 cups)
Directions for Kansa City BBQ sauce, Alabama white sauce, and North Carolina vinegar sauce:
Directions for Texas-Style BBQ sauce, and South Carolina mustard sauce:
Any questions? Ask away!
If you try any of these 5 barbecue sauces to make this summer, please come back and leave a star rating and review. It’s so helpful to other readers to read your results, adaptations, and ideas for variations.
Join our Baking and Cooking community!!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our “Weekly NEWSLETTER BOX” and get our recipes “FREE” every time we post a new one!!
Have fun and snap a photo and share it on Pinterest, be sure to tag us #2sistersrecipes and on Instagram @2sistersrecipes. We’d love to see and share what you cook. 😉 These recipes were inspired and adapted from Southern Living.com
For more delicious recipes and ideas, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Stay Healthy and Happy Entertaining! 🙂
…thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz