Tomatoes Stuffed with Tuscan White Bean Salad. Refreshing salad made with white beans and tuna salad stuffed inside these little plump tomatoes makes for a darling little appetizer for any luncheon or brunch or party. Super easy to make, without any stress or fanfare, creates a very tasty dish and the kind that just screams summer!
You can always be sure that our pantry is always stocked with some jars of Italian tuna, canned beans, even a few bags of dry beans, and of course, onions and potatoes.
With that, we also stock fresh lemons and tomatoes in our fridge, so we can make last-minute meals when needed, especially when you’re just not in the mood to cook.
And after all the barbecues we’ve had lately, I wanted to make something that was light, low in calorie, and healthy at the same time.
Tuscan white bean tuna salad is a very simple salad made with Italian tuna, white beans, tangy lemon vinaigrette, capers, and a little red onion. I love these because they are perfect to eat any day of the week as a light summer lunch, or just as a snack during the day.
Plus, these can also be served as part of a light dinner.
I had two for lunch and saved the rest for dinner.
It was too hot to cook or grill anything, so I made a large green salad to go with my Stuffed Tomatoes with Tuscan White Bean Salad and everyone was happy!
Try this recipe, I think you will enjoy this one!
Have a great day!!
Don’t forget to Pin and Share! … thanks…
MORE TASTY RECIPES For TOMATOES!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 5 small ripe tomatoes
- 7-ounce Italian tuna in olive oil, or 2 cans of tuna- drained
- 16 ounce can white beans- drain and rinse
- 1/3 cup red onion- diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon- juiced
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, and extra to drizzle
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. capers
- salt and pepper
- Slice each tomato in half, then slice off the tip that is pointed to allow the tomato to sit upright.
- Using a knife, gently scoop out some of the flesh inside. Place onto a serving platter.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil and some salt over them. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a teaspoon to spoon the tuna bean salad into each tomato. Top with small basil or parsley leaf. Refrigerate for one hour or more before serving. Serve cold.
- Yields: 5 servings (2 per person)
For more delicious ideas and recipes follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest! If you have any questions, please ask away!
And, if you make tomatoes stuffed with Tuscan white bean tuna salad, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you! 🙂
Don’t forget to enter your email in our weekly ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Healthy Cooking 🙂
xo Anna and Liz