Tomatoes Stuffed with Tuscan White Bean Salad will make a darling appetizer or an easy lunch. Loaded with a mixture of white beans, tuna, and capers and tossed with a lemon vinaigrette, these tomatoes stuffed are very easy to make and the perfect size! Simple, light, low calories, and very tasty!
You can always be sure that our pantry is always stocked with some jars of Italian tuna, tuna fish, and canned beans, along with onions, garlic, and potatoes.
Plus, we also stock our refrigerator with lots of fresh lemons, and always have tomatoes in a basket sitting on our counter.
With a few essential ingredients kept on hand, anyone can whip up a quick meal with these simple ingredients.
Quick, easy and even last-minute meals can be made when your pantry is well stocked. And, especially when you’re just not in the mood to cook. 😉
So, with that said, it was a no-brainer to whip up these tomatoes stuffed with white bean salad.
Tomatoes Stuffed with Tuscan White Bean Salad…
For this recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Italian tuna, or your favorite canned tuna
- can of white beans
- lemon juice
- red onion
- apple cider vinegar
- a few seasonings
This is a simple Italian recipe for a bean salad.
These stuffed tomatoes with white bean salad are perfect to eat any day of the week as a light lunch, or as a quick snack during the day when hunger strikes.
Besides, they can also be served as part of a light dinner. Why not?
Frequently Asked Questions…
- Can we use other beans with this recipe? We prefer white beans, but you can adapt and use your favorite legumes with this recipe. We recommend only 2 cups.
- May we use canned tuna fish? Absolutely yes! Always drain the liquid or oil from the canned tuna fish before mixing it into the bean mixture. Then you can add in a splash of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Can we add in mayonnaise? Why not? If you prefer to have your tuna and bean salad creamy, go ahead and start with about 2 to 3 tablespoons of mayo, and go from there. Add as much or as little to your taste.
- Can we use other tomatoes, like tomatoes on the vine? You can use any ripe tomato you prefer. It is best to select the small ones and depending on the size, you may need to increase the tuna-white bean filling.
Tomatoes Stuffed with Tuscan White Bean Salad is simple, easy, and delicious!
I had two for lunch and saved the rest for dinner.
I wasn’t in the mood to cook anything. So I made a large green salad to go with my stuffed tomatoes and everyone was happy!
Try this recipe, I think you will enjoy this one!
Have a great day!!
MORE TASTY RECIPES FOR TOMATOES!
- Italian Tomato Salad
- Spring Tomato Basil Bocconcini Salad
- Refreshing Tomato Salad with Tuna
- Easy Pasta Salad with Bocconcini Tomatoes and Basil
Don’t forget to Pin and Share! … thanks…
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 5 small ripe tomatoes or Roman tomatoes
- 7-ounce Italian tuna in olive oil, or 2 cans of tuna- drained
- 16 ounce can of white beans- drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup red onion- diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large lemon- juiced
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil, and extra to drizzle
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. capers
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Slice each tomato in half, then slice off the tip that is pointed to allow the tomato to sit upright.
- Using a knife, gently scoop out some of the flesh inside, and you can save the flesh for another recipe. Place the hollowed-out tomatoes onto a serving platter.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil and some salt over them. Set them aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. Add some salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon the tuna bean salad into each half of the tomatoes. Top with small basil or parsley leaf. Refrigerate for one hour or more before serving. Serve cold.
- Yields: 10 (1/2 size) Tomatoes Stuffed, about 5 servings (2 per person)
Serving Size:2 stuffed tomatoes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 3.2gCarbohydrates: 18.3gFiber: 5.3gSugar: 3gProtein: 15.2g
- For more delicious ideas and recipes follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
- If you have any questions, please ask away!
- And, if you make tomatoes stuffed with Tuscan white bean tuna salad, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you! 🙂
Don’t forget to enter your email in our weekly ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get our recipes FREE every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Healthy Cooking 🙂
xo anna and liz
|Serving size: 2 tomatoes|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3.2g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.3g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||19%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|