Panna Cotta Cheese Cake with Blueberry Sauce is a lemon flavored creamy white pudding set in a pie over a Ginger Snap cookie crust. Its texture is between a panna cotta and a cheesecake, with unique flavors combining the underling lemon flavor with a ginger snap crumb crust as the backdrop, paired with a sweet blueberry sauce makes this one exquisite dessert!
I know it’s March, and it’s still chilly. But when I think of Spring – what comes to my mind – are lemon flavored desserts this time of year!
I can’t help it, I love lemons! Our parents had lemon trees their entire lives, so we grew up having lemons added to almost every-thing! Which is why I decided to revive this recipe from our archives. It’s an oldie, but a goodie!
Panna Cotta happens to be my families favorite dessert.
I haven’t made it in a while, and love making simple variations of this fabulous creamy custard dessert that is simply made with cream. So I decided to make this one a lemon flavor panna cotta cheese cake with blueberry sauce, but in a pie version.
With a few extra ingredients I had on hand, this Panna Cotta Cheese Cake version turned out to be super light and positively delicious!! Its luscious creamy texture is so FABULOUS, everyone will be craving for more!
The blueberry sauce is an added bonus and it’s a simple one.
Simply add a small basket of fresh blueberries with water and sugar into a small sauce pot and heat until the blueberries have slightly melted. Stir in some lemon zest and let it cool or chill over night. Then serve a heaping spoonful on top of every slice!
And the result was truly sweet serendipity!
I am loving this dessert in a pie version. It is so much easier and faster to make and serve, rather than serving in individual glasses.
This panna cotta pie version takes this dessert to a whole new level, simply because the texture and flavors are both dramatic and luscious at the same time, making this perfect as a fabulous dinner-party dessert!
Best of all, it’s easy enough to make ahead and chill one day before. Try this one and let us know what you think!
Thanks for Pinning and Sharing!!
More Panna Cotta Recipes from 2SR Archives:
Panna Cotta Cheese Cake with Blueberry Sauce
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 8 to 10 servings
Panna Cotta Cheese Cake with Blueberry Sauce is a lemon flavored creamy white pudding-like pie set over a gingersnap cookie crust. Its texture is between a panna cotta and a cheesecake, with unique flavors combining the underling citrus-y lemon flavor with a Ginger Snap crust as the backdrop, paired with a sweet blueberry sauce makes this one exquisite dessert!
For the Crust :
- ½ cup salted butter (one stick) melted
- 1 cup Ginger Snap crumbs (about 20 cookies)
- 1 cup Graham Cracker crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 (8oz) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1 small envelope (1-ounce) unflavored gelatine ( by Knox)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream
- ½ lemon juiced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ water
- ¼ cup sugar
- l tsp. lemon zest
To make the Crust:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine crumbs, sugar, and butter. Transfer to a 10 inch spring form pan. Using a small cup to press the mixture into the pan and up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Make the Panna Cotta:
- In a small pot, pour ½ cup of heavy cream and sprinkle gelatin on top and let stand for 2 minutes. Turn on heat to low, and heat cream for about 2 minutes, stirring until gelatin has dissolved. Add vanilla, sugar and remaining heavy cream. Simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring until sugar completely dissolves and cream is well heated through. Turn off heat.
- In the meantime, into an electric blender or food processor, add cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice and blend for 1 minute.
- Pop open the small lid on top of blender and slowly pour the hot cream mixture (panna cotta) to combine with the cold ingredients. Blend on low speed first, then on the highest speed for at least 5 minutes.
- Gently pour creamy mixture into the crust and refrigerate uncovered for 1 hour. Remove and cover with foil or clear wrap, continue to refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours more.
- Serve chilled with a heaping spoonful of Blueberry Sauce on top of each slice.