Eggs with Tomatoes and Cheese ~ is a light and balanced breakfast to start the day! Egg whites gently cooked with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese is a recipe from a great book I’d like to share with you.
I’ve been reading this fabulous book by Mark Macdonald called Body Confidence. He actually “teaches” you how to eat for life. Not just be on a yo-yo diet, which many of us have done over and over, but actually teaches you how to eat properly.
He reminds us that babies eat every three hours to stabilize their blood sugar. That is what keeps the weight off and hunger pangs away.
This book stresses the need to eat every three hours in order to stabilize our sugar. I’ve made one of his suggestions for breakfast that is essential to what a person needs in one meal.
Eggs with tomatoes and cheese is broken into specific protein, carbs, and fats per meal. I highly recommend this easy recipe for a good start with breakfast! And recommend his book Body Confidence as a way of eating for life. It’s been around for a few years now and can be found on sale on Amazon.
Egg Whites with Tomatoes and Cheese has been our go-to breakfast for the past few years. I wanted to revive this one from our archives and hope you’ll give it a try.
Also, try our Breakfast Egg Sliders to Go!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend! In the meantime, have a wonderful Monday!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 6 minutes
Additional Time 11 minutes
Total Time 22 minutes
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ripe Roma Tomato- chopped
- 1 slice of fresh Mozzarella - ¼ inch thick, or 2 slices of cheddar cheese, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- a pinch or more of ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- fat free cooking spray oil
- Crack three eggs carefully removing the yolks by transferring yokes from half shell to half shell allowing the whites to drip into a bowl.
- Add 1 whole egg that includes white and yoke. Add chopped mozzarella or cheddar cheese into the bowl.
- Heat skillet and spray with fat free cooking spray. Once pan is hot, add the eggs and cheese mixture to the skillet. Gently stir the eggs. Add salt, pepper and cayenne pepper for a nice spicy kick.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Continue to stir mixture until eggs are fully cooked. Transfer to plate.
- Serves 1 to 2