Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad ~ will transform this classic Caesar into a main course salad for a light dinner and it’s ready under 30 minutes! Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad is made with an easy homemade Caesar salad dressing, topped with some garlic-butter croutons and Parmesan shavings served with a lemony grilled salmon.
My family loves Caesar salad dressings and this one is made without any raw eggs! So I call it the “Eggless” Caesar’s dressing. It’s a simple recipe for Caesar’s salad dressing I found from a magazine and the taste is divine!
Caesar’s classic salad dressings are usually made with raw eggs. But this one is not.
This dressing is made with mayonnaise, fresh garlic, lemon juice, some mustard, a small amount of anchovy paste, and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. The flavors are wonderful, garlicky-creamy-cheesy taste with just a hint of anchovy flavor, not overpowering.
What I like best about this Caesar salad dressing is that you can make it ahead of time and you can store the leftover dressing up to one week in the fridge.
Also, the anchovy paste, which can be found in the supermarket or on Amazon. It really helps save time, and you can easily adjust the flavor with the paste, depending on how much you decide to use. No need to mash whole anchovies into a paste, as it is already done for you, and the taste is really good.
Grilling Salmon with using only 2 ingredients gives a lot of flavor to it. Lemon and a pinch of fresh dill on top is all that was needed. Oh, I also used the Garlic & Butter Croutons, the addition of garlicky-butter flavored croutons, well – it was perfect!
Don’t like salmon?
Grilled Chicken or even Grilled Steak would be a delicious swap!
Definitely use fresh lemon even on the meats while grilling, you will notice the difference. And, they work well with this Caesars salad dressing.
Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad is light, full flavor and easy enough for everyday dinner and fancy enough for a summer dinner party or luncheon. Go ahead and drizzle some of the dressing over the grilled salmon – adds more deliciousness!
Here’s a tip: Keep already clean romaine lettuce chilled until you are ready to serve. Drizzling the creamy Caesars dressing over the chilled lettuce just before serving will result in an overall crispier salad. You can serve grilled salmon warm or chilled, either way; both are great with this Caesars salad for a light dinner or lunch.
You can follow along below or jump down to the bottom of the post for our full recipe card!
1. Preheat grill or pan on medium-low heat. Drizzle some olive oil in the pan, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Brush Salmon with olive oil and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
2. Place the salmon face down, for about 2 minutes or more (depending how well done you prefer.) Squeeze some lemon juice around the salmon and on top. The salmon will absorb the lemon juice while cooking.
Flip it over and cook for another minute or so.
3. Transfer salmon to a serving platter, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh dill. Serve grilled salmon warm or chilled. Transfer to a serving dish, place whole romaine lettuce on the side and drizzle on top with Homemade ‘Eggless’ Caesar Salad Dressing, and serve.
- 1 or 2 pieces of Salmon cut into steak size
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- ½ of lemon
- fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. Italian anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- Parmesan wedge, for shavings
- garlic & butter croutons
- fresh dill, for garnish
- Preheat grill or pan on medium-low heat. Drizzle some olive oil in the pan, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Brush Salmon with olive oil and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place the salmon face down, for about 2 minutes or more (depending how well done you prefer.) Squeeze some lemon juice around the salmon and on top. The salmon will absorb the lemon juice while cooking.
- Flip it over and cook for another minute or so.
- Transfer salmon to a serving platter, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh dill. Serve grilled salmon warm or chilled. Transfer to a serving dish, place whole romaine lettuce on the side and drizzle on top with Homemade 'Eggless' Caesar Salad Dressing, and serve.
- Yields: 1 or 2 servings
- Wash and dry the hearts of romaine lettuce. Leave them whole. Place them onto a serving plate or platter. Set aside.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Drizzle dressing over the romaine lettuce. Here you can drizzle Caesars dressing to your preference. Toss a small amount of croutons and Parmesan shavings on top. Serve extra dressing on the side with grilled salmon.
- Store remaining dressing in a sealed container and refrigerate. Stays fresh up to 1 week.
- Yields: 1+1/3 cups
Recipe adapted from Gourmet magazine by Jenn Segal
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
xo Anna and Liz