Grilled Salmon Eggless Caesar Salad ~ can be enjoyed for lunch or as the main course for a light dinner, and it’s ready under 30 minutes! Salmon is quickly grilled with olive oil, lemon juice and dill and served over a bed of fresh cold crispy lettuce with homemade Caesar’s salad dressing drizzled on top, garlic-butter croutons and Parmesan shavings.
My family loves Caesar salad dressings on their salads and this one is made without any raw eggs! So I call it the “Eggless” Caesar’s dressing. It’s a simple recipe for Caesar’s salad dressing I found from a magazine and the taste is divine!
Unlike most authentic Caesar’s dressings which are usually made with olive oil and thickened with raw eggs. This one has a mayonnaise base, which means no raw eggs – so it’s safe to give it to your kids.
It’s made with mayonnaise, fresh garlic, lemon juice, some mustard, a small amount of anchovy paste, and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. And the flavors are wonderful!
It has the garlicky-creamy-cheesy taste with a hint of anchovy flavor – but not overpowering.
What I like best about this Caesar salad dressing is that you can make it ahead of time and store the leftovers in a jar up to one week in the fridge.
Also, no need to mash whole anchovies for this dressing. I found the anchovy paste in a tube at supermarket, but if you prefer you can buy it on Amazon. Using the paste (instead of real anchovies) really helps save some time, and you can easily adjust the flavor with the amount of paste to your preference.
When grilling the salmon, all you need is some fresh lemon juice, olive oil and some dill. For the salad, you only need your favorite greens ( I used hearts of Romaine lettuce) and some Garlic & Butter Croutons, and a wedge of Parmesan cheese for some shavings. That’s it!
Don’t care for salmon?
Grilled Chicken or even Grilled Steak would be a delicious swap! Definitely use fresh lemon even on the meats while grilling, you will notice the difference.
And, they equally work well with this Caesars salad dressing.
Grilled Salmon Eggless Caesar Salad is very light, full of flavor and easy enough for everyday dinner. I even enjoy drizzling some of the Caesar’s dressing over the grilled salmon – it adds more deliciousness!
Here’s a tip: Keep already clean romaine lettuce in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Drizzling the creamy Caesars dressing over the chilled lettuce just before serving will result an overall crispier salad. You can serve grilled salmon warm or chilled, either way; both are great and delicious with this homemade Caesars salad dressing!
You can follow along below or jump down to the bottom of the post for our full recipe card!
1. Preheat grill or pan on medium-low heat. Drizzle some olive oil in the pan, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Brush Salmon with olive oil and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
2. Place the salmon face down, for about 2 minutes or more (depending how well done you prefer.) Squeeze some lemon juice around the salmon and on top. The salmon will absorb the lemon juice while cooking.
Flip it over and cook for another minute or so.
3. Transfer salmon to a serving platter, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh dill. Serve grilled salmon warm or chilled. Transfer to a serving dish, place whole romaine lettuce on the side and drizzle on top with Homemade ‘Eggless’ Caesar Salad Dressing, and serve.
Looking for more Salmon Recipes? Try these:
- 1 or 2 pieces of Salmon cut into steak size
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- ½ of lemon - juiced
- fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. Italian anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- Parmesan wedge, for shavings
- garlic & butter croutons
- fresh dill, for garnish
- Preheat grill or pan on medium-low heat. Drizzle some olive oil in the pan, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Brush Salmon with olive oil and season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Place the salmon face down, for about 2 minutes or more (depending how well done you prefer.) Squeeze some lemon juice around the salmon and on top. The salmon will absorb the lemon juice while cooking.
- Flip it over and cook for another minute or so.
- Transfer salmon to a serving platter, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh dill. Serve grilled salmon warm or chilled. Transfer to a serving dish, place whole romaine lettuce on the side and drizzle on top with Homemade 'Eggless' Caesar Salad Dressing, and serve.
- Yields: 1 or 2 servings
- Wash and dry the hearts of romaine lettuce. Leave them whole. Place them onto a serving plate or platter. Set aside.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
- Drizzle dressing over the romaine lettuce. Here you can drizzle Caesars dressing to your preference. Toss a small amount of croutons and Parmesan shavings on top. Serve extra dressing on the side with grilled salmon.
- Store remaining dressing in a sealed container and refrigerate. Stays fresh up to 1 week.
- Yields: 1+1/3 cups
Recipe adapted from Gourmet magazine by Jenn Segal
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
xo Anna and Liz