A delicious, Grilled Salmon ‘Eggless’ Caesar Salad ~ is made with an easy homemade Caesar salad dressing, topped with some garlic-butter croutons and Parmesan shavings served with a lemony grilled salmon. My family loves Caesar salads and this one is made without any raw eggs! It’s a simple recipe I found from a magazine and the taste is divine!
Besides not using raw eggs, it’s made with mayonnaise, fresh garlic, lemon juice, some mustard, a small amount of anchovy paste, and freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. The flavors are wonderful, garlicky-creamy-cheesy taste with just a hint of anchovy flavor, not overpowering.
What I like best about this Caesar salad dressing is that you can make it ahead of time and you can store the leftover dressing up to one week in the fridge.
Also, the anchovy paste, which can be found in the supermarket or on Amazon. It really helps save time, and you can easily adjust the flavor with the paste, depending on how much you decide to use. No need to mash whole anchovies into a paste, as it is already done for you, and the taste is really good.
We love grilling salmon, and grilling with using only 2 ingredients gives a lot of flavor to it. Lemon and a pinch of fresh dill on top is all that was needed- and it was perfect!
Don’t like salmon? Grilled chicken or even grilled steak would be a delicious swap! Definitely use the fresh lemon on all the meats while grilling, you will notice the difference.
All of them with this Caesars salad dressing are delicious!
Grilled Salmon Caesar Salad is light, full flavor and easy enough for everyday dinner and fancy enough for a summer dinner party or luncheon. I even enjoyed adding a drizzle of the this salad dressing over my grilled salmon – making it more delicious! Try it!
Here’s a tip: Keep clean romaine lettuce chilled until you are ready to serve. Drizzling the creamy Caesars dressing over the chilled lettuce just before serving will result in an overall crispier salad. You can serve grilled salmon warm or chilled, either way; both are great with this Caesars salad for a light dinner or lunch.
Grilled Salmon ‘Eggless’ Caesar Salad (recipe for dressing below)
- 1 or 2 pieces of Salmon cut into steak size
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 1/2 of lemon
- fresh dill
1. Preheat grill or pan on medium-low heat. Drizzle some olive oil in the pan, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Season salmon with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
2. Place the salmon face down, for about 2 minutes or more (depending how well done you prefer.) Squeeze some lemon juice around the salmon and on top. The salmon will absorb the lemon juice while cooking.
Flip it over and cook for another minute or so.
3. Transfer salmon to a serving platter, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh dill. Serve grilled salmon warm or chilled. Transfer to a serving dish, place whole romaine lettuce on the side and drizzle on top with Homemade ‘Eggless’ Caesar Salad Dressing, and serve.
Serves 1 or 2
Homemade ‘Eggless’ Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- juice of 1 lemon (about 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 tsp. Italian anchovy paste
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- Parmesan wedge, for shavings
- garlic & butter croutons
- fresh dill, for garnish
1. Wash and dry the hearts of romaine lettuce. Leave them whole. Place them onto a serving plate or platter. Set aside.
2. Whisk garlic, lemon juice, anchovy paste, Dijon mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add the mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
3. Drizzle dressing over the romaine lettuce. Here you can drizzle Caesars dressing to your preference. Toss a small amount of croutons and Parmesan shavings on top. Serve extra dressing on the side with grilled salmon.
Yields: 1+1/3 cups
Recipe adapted from Gourmet magazine by Jenn Segal
Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend!
xo Anna and Liz