If you are looking for a light and delicious tasting shrimp salad, then this recipe is for you! Easy Italian Shrimp Salad is a classic seafood dish you can enjoy eating any time of the year. Mom’s shrimp salad is so amazingly light, it’s made with fresh shrimp, lemon juice, celery, carrots, red onion, and a touch of mayo.
This easy Italian Shrimp Salad is so light because it’s not made with a lot of heavy mayonnaise to weigh it down.
Just a simple recipe that makes a big impression! Great to serve for lunch or dinner.
It’s almost springtime! Sometimes I just want something different other than eating pizza or pasta dishes on meatless Fridays (and even on meatless Mondays) and this is a nice change.
I can honestly tell you that everyone who tries our mom’s Easy Italian Shrimp Salad – loves it, hands down! It’s healthy, low calorie and low fat. What could be better?
And, if you take the time to chop up the shrimp into smaller pieces, it’s ideal to make shrimp salad sandwiches or even a shrimp salad wrap!
Zesty and full of flavor, this simple recipe for shrimp salad is a tried and true recipe!
I have made it so many times over the years and it never disappoints. It’s definitely a keeper and one you’ll want to make over and over again.
Try serving this delicious shrimp salad as an appetizer with some crusty bread next to it. It works wonders when entertaining with family and friends. Always best to serve our Easy Italian Shrimp Salad chilled.
Also, try our Fresh Cod Fish Salad or our Summer Lobster or Spring Rolls!! You may even enjoy our favorite Seafood Salad. They too are positively delicious!
Have a great day!
Are you cooking with us? Let us know if you try our easy Italian shrimp salad recipe in the comments! Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest.
It makes us happy to see what you cook! 🙂
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
- 1 pound large fresh Shrimp - cleaned, deveined, cut in halves
- 2 celery stalks - diced
- 1 carrot - diced
- 1/4 cup red onion - diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon -juiced
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and devein shrimp, cut off and discard tails.
- In a bowl, run cold water over the shrimp and rinse well for a few minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Fill a medium-size pot with water, and bring water to a low boil on the stovetop.
- Add the shrimp, and boil shrimp for about 3 minutes, until shrimp has turned to pink.
- Drain shrimp in a colander for a few minutes, and allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, add the celery, carrot, red onion, mayo, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the shrimp, some salt and pepper to taste. Mix until well combined.
- Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before serving. This will allow all the flavors to marinate with the shrimp. Best served chilled.
- Serves 4 to 6