This Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe is an effortless way to make little, delicious sweet cakes without the fuss! A delicate treat, this recipe for easy strawberry shortcakes are so pretty, so yummy and so additive! Serve them as a delightful treat for breakfast or for a quick dessert for family and friends anytime!
To make this strawberry shortcake recipe, use mini crispy croissants and 3 simple ingredients as the filling.
Yes, as easy as 1-2-3 just use fresh strawberries, strawberry preserves, and whipped cream, and these yummy strawberry shortcakes can be ready in minutes!
What makes this easy strawberry shortcake recipe different?
Well, there are a few things to note.
1. Using a buttery, flaky croissant will give you a taste that’s light and crispy at your first bite. It will seem like the same sensation when we walk into a cafe in Italy or in a local coffee shop to enjoy it with our favorite latte or cappuccino.
The flakiness of the croissant will elevate the taste of the strawberry shortcake and just wow the tastebuds. Serve them with our easy low-fat Caffe Lattes and you’ll have a real treat!
2. This simple recipe skips the intense labor of making “homemade biscuits” without sacrificing the taste. (A biscuit is a small quick bread made from dough that has been rolled out and cut into small round pieces, then baked.)
3. Why bother going through the trouble to make them homemade when you can easily buy frozen croissants and bake them fresh? Or, you can simply buy them already freshly baked at your local bakeshop.
Personally, I prefer the flavor of a buttery, crispy, flaky croissant over that of a biscuit. The croissant by nature is light and fluffy, while the biscuit can be denser or drier.
What you need for this Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe…
mini plain frozen or fresh croissants ~ or you can buy them already freshly baked at your local coffee shop or at the bakery section of your supermarket.
fresh strawberries ~ one basket of fresh strawberries will suffice.
strawberry preserves or jam ~ to spread a teaspoon or more on each croissant.
whipped cream ~ already store-bought or you can make it fresh.
powdered sugar ~ as a pretty garnish.
How To Make Easy Strawberry Shortcake… (full recipe card below)
Slice open each croissant. Spread a little strawberry preserves or jam on the bottom.
Place a few sliced strawberries on top of the preserves, and as many as you can fit in one single layer.
Top each one with whipped cream. Close with their tops. Sprinkle with powdered sugar over them and serve immediately.
To make a pretty and even elegant presentation, you can add a small dollop of whipped cream on top of each one, with a slice of strawberry.
A Few TIPS for Success…
If you plan to buy croissants already baked, you can pop them into a toaster oven and reheat them for 5 minutes, until they become a little crispy and flaky.
When baked, always allow the croissants to completely cool before adding on the whipped cream; otherwise, the cream will start to melt quickly and become mushy.
As always, add the whipped cream just before you are ready to serve them.
Have fun and enjoy making these strawberry shortcakes in a matter of minutes!
Have a great weekend everyone! Wishing all our readers a Happy Passover and a very Happy and Blessed Easter!
- 5 or more mini plain (frozen or freshly baked) croissants
- 5 to 6 fresh strawberries - thinly sliced.
- 4 to 5 Tbsp. strawberry preserves or jam.
- 1 can of real whipped cream
- powdered sugar, as garnish
- IF frozen, follow the directions on the package to baking mini croissants.
For the Filling:
- Slice open each croissant.
- Spread a little strawberry preserves or jam on the bottom of each one.
- Place a few sliced strawberries on top of the preserves, and as many as you can fit in one single layer.
- Then add the whipped cream. Close with their tops.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar over them and serve immediately.
The baking time to bake frozen croissants will vary. Anywhere and approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Sometimes, you may have to allow the croissants to thaw overnight before baking the next morning, and that will depend on the brand you buy.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 4.4gSaturated Fat: 1.7gCholesterol: 10mgCarbohydrates: 15.4gFiber: .6gSugar: 8.4gProtein: 1g
… Thanks for PINNING!
More Recipes for Fresh Strawberries!
Strawberry Pineapple Crumble Bars ~ deliciously scrumptious! Need I say more?
Easy Strawberry and Banana Kabobs with Chocolate ~ will make such a great impression, everyone LOVES them! Kids too!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Waffles ~ the sweetest way (in the morning) to send your loved ones a sweet message that says – I love you!
If you try our recipe for easy strawberry shortcake recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Have fun and snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you bake!
Don’t forget to join our baking and cooking community and get our E-BOOK – Free! Enter your email in our ‘Weekly Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes every time we post and reminders of great older ones too!
Stay Happy and Healthy! 😉
Thanks for stopping by!
xo Anna and Liz