Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Looking for a delicious breakfast treat? Try our Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe without fuss! A scrumptious treat with a twist, this recipe for strawberry shortcakes is so easy, everyone will want a second one. Serve them for breakfast with your favorite coffee or tea, or as a quick dessert for family and friends anytime!
This Strawberry Shortcake Recipe…
To make these strawberry shortcakes:
- made easily with mini crispy croissants
- plus 3 simple ingredients as the filling.
Yes, as easy as 1-2-3 using fresh strawberries, strawberry preserves, and whipped cream, and these yummy strawberry shortcakes can be ready in minutes!
What makes this easy strawberry shortcake recipe different?
Well, there are a few things to note.
1. Using a buttery, flaky croissant will give you a taste that’s light and crispy at your first bite. The same sensation of deliciousness we get when we walk into a cafe or a local coffee shop.
2. This simple recipe skips the intense labor of making “homemade biscuits” without sacrificing the taste.
3. Why bother going through the trouble to make them homemade when you can easily buy frozen croissants and bake them fresh? Or, you can simply buy them already freshly baked at your local bakeshop.
Personally, I prefer the flavor of a buttery, crispy, flaky croissant over that of a biscuit. The croissant by nature is light and fluffy, while the biscuit can be denser or drier.
Serve them with our easy low-fat Caffe Lattes and you’ll have a real treat!
Ingredients needed for this Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe…
mini plain frozen or fresh croissants ~ or you can buy them already freshly baked at your local coffee shop or at the bakery section of your supermarket.
fresh strawberries ~ one basket of fresh strawberries will suffice.
strawberry preserves or jam ~ to spread a teaspoon or more on each croissant.
whipped cream ~ is already store-bought or you can make it fresh.
powdered sugar ~ as a pretty garnish.
How To Make These Easy Strawberry Shortcakes?
Slice open each croissant. Spread a little strawberry preserves or jam on the bottom.
Place a few sliced strawberries on top of the preserves, and as many as you can in one layer.
Top each one with whipped cream. Close with their tops. Sprinkle powdered sugar over them and serve immediately.
To make a pretty and even elegant presentation, you can add a small dollop of whipped cream on top of each one, with a slice of strawberry.
A Few TIPS for Success…
If you plan to buy croissants already baked, you can pop them into a toaster oven and reheat them for 5 minutes, until they become a little crispy and flaky.
When baked, always allow the croissants to completely cool before adding the whipped cream; otherwise, the cream will melt quickly and become mushy.
As always, add the whipped cream just before you are ready to serve them.
Have fun and enjoy making these strawberry shortcakes in a matter of minutes!
Ideal for weekend breakfast, or as an afternoon treat with your coffee or tea,
Have a great weekend everyone!
Yield: 5 servings
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Easy Strawberry Shortcake recipe is an effortless way to make little, delicious sweet cakes without the fuss! Serve them as a delightful treat for breakfast or for a quick dessert anytime!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 5 or more mini plain (frozen or freshly baked) croissants
- 5 to 6 fresh strawberries - thinly sliced.
- 4 to 5 Tbsp. strawberry preserves or jam.
- 1 can of real whipped cream
- powdered sugar, as garnish
- IF frozen, follow the directions on the package to baking mini croissants.
For the Filling:
- Slice open each croissant.
- Spread a little strawberry preserves or jam on the bottom of each one.
- Place a few sliced strawberries on top of the preserves, and as many as you can fit in one single layer.
- Then add the whipped cream. Close with their tops.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar over them and serve immediately.
The baking time to bake frozen croissants will vary. Anywhere and approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Sometimes, you may have to allow the croissants to thaw overnight before baking the next morning, and that will depend on the brand you buy.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105Total Fat: 4.4gSaturated Fat: 1.7gCholesterol: 10mgCarbohydrates: 15.4gFiber: .6gSugar: 8.4gProtein: 1g
… Thanks for PINNING!
More Recipes for Fresh Strawberries!
Strawberry Pineapple Crumble Bars ~ deliciously scrumptious! Need I say more?
Easy Strawberry and Banana Kabobs with Chocolate ~ will make such a great impression, everyone LOVES them! Kids too!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Waffles ~ the sweetest way (in the morning) to send your loved ones a sweet message that says – I love you!
Fresh Strawberry Snack Cake Recipe ~ fresh chopped strawberries are tossed both inside the batter and with the frosting to give this dessert a double dose of flavor.
these look so delicious!
Thanks so much, Sherry
Those are the prettiest strawberry shortcakes I’ve ever seen! Wonderful idea to use croissants!
Thanks, Susan. I got the idea from years of traveling to Italy. In Italy, they make these croissants during the warm weather in cafes/bars and serve them with an espresso. So yummy, we would order them often.
I love this! I’m sure croissants are perfect for this!
Yes, they are delicious! Thanks so much, Jeff! Happy Easter!