Tuna Stuffed Deviled Eggs. Hard boiled eggs stuffed with a light tuna mixed with celery, red onion, mayonnaise and lemon juice, makes an amazing deviled eggs with wonderful flavors. If you like eggs and tuna fish salad, then try this recipe. So yummy! They’re light, creamy and so addicting, bet you can’t eat just one!
A simple deviled eggs with tuna recipe with a twist and one you can prepare a few hours before quests arrive. Yum!
I love eggs and I love tuna, so I really enjoy combining the two for this recipe. Inspired by my friend Lucy, who made these deviled eggs for lunch one day; I was so impressed with the beautiful presentation and how light and delicious they were!
I thought to myself -wow- what a nice twist to deviled eggs, and with more protein and Omega 3’s! I loved them! And, I have been making them ever since.
These are simple hard boiled eggs stuffed with zesty lemon tuna salad, then garnished with crumbled yolks on top.
They make an awesome appetizer to serve at any party; great to serve at a brunch or lunch with friends and family. Just serve them chilled. They’re really terrific anytime.
Tuna-Stuffed Deviled Eggs
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 12 deviled eggs
- 6 large eggs - hard boiled
- 2 cans of Tuna in Olive Oil ( prefer imported Italian Tuna)
- 1 lemon -juiced
- 1 celery stalk - minced
- ¼ cup of red onion - minced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. of mayonnaise
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Boil 6 large eggs in water for about 6 to 10 minutes. Drain, and cool.
- Peel off shells from the eggs. Set aside.
- Open cans of tuna. Drain the oil from each can.
- Transfer tuna into a medium size bowl.
- Add celery, red onion, mayonnaise, and black pepper.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice into the tuna mixture and mix well.
- Take each egg and slice in half.
- Carefully remove the yolks. Mix 4 to 5 yolks into the tuna mixture, and reserve the remaining yolks for later.
- On a serving platter, create a bed of lettuce by laying down a few pieces. Using a spoon and fill each egg with tuna salad mixture and place onto the platter.
- Crumble remaining yolks over the eggs as garnish.
- Serve them chilled.
- Yields: 12 deviled eggs