Lemon Ginger Honey Water is hydrating, healthy and refreshing water to drink on hot days. Perfect water to fill your water bottle and drink it all day. Drinking lemon ginger honey water will not only provide you with a boost of energy, but it will also aid in eliminating harmful toxins from your body.
5 Reasons to LOVE this Lemon Ginger Honey Water…
Enjoy a refreshing and healthy beverage throughout the day with this easy-to-make water.
1. Lemons are loaded with vitamins C, B6, and potassium. Helps protect against anemia, reduces inflammation, and improve digestive health. Also, it helps promote good health, and weight loss.
2. Ginger is known for helping in digestion and helps prevent common colds, flu, motion sickness, and even vertigo. It also helps in aiding sore throat, migraines, fatigue, and exhaustion. Ginger also increases serotonin and dopamine levels.
3. Raw Honey is used as a natural sweetener, but it is used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial agent and even contains antifungal properties.
4. Fresh Mint Did you know that fresh mint is an excellent source of nutrients such as vitamins and protein? It can even help alleviate cold symptoms and boost your immune system. Additionally, mint can assist in relieving uncomfortable side effects of indigestion such as gas and bloating.
5. Bottled Water is safer and healthier than drinking tap water. If you have a good water filtration system in your home, then by all means, use that.
How to make Lemon Ginger Honey Water?
There are only 5 ingredients needed to make this simple refreshing water:
Directions to make this hydrating, healthy water…
Here are only 3 easy steps to creating this healthy, hydrating water for you to enjoy all summer long:
(*Full recipe card below!)
1. Pour the water into a pitcher or a mason jar.
2. Next, toss about 1 or 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger into the water. Add in some fresh mint.
QUICK NOTE: Allow the ginger and fresh mint to steep for about 1 hour or more. Chill it. Overnight is even better.
3. Strain the ginger out of the water, and add the lemon juice and raw honey. Stir to combine the mixture. Then pour it into your water bottle or into a glass and toss in some slices of lemon and it’s ready!
QUICK TIP! You can leave the mint in or remove it; it’s your choice. We prefer to leave the mint in the water.
Lemon Ginger Honey Water is super easy and simple to make.
Enjoy drinking a glass or two all day. Stay hydrated and healthy!
Additional Healthy Ideas & Recipes…
- Fresh Watermelon Lemonade
- Avocado Spinach Fruit Smoothie
- Healthy Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Watermelon Drink
- Healthy Spinach Smoothie Recipe
- 3.5 cups of botted or filtered water
- 1 whole lemon - juiced
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. of minced or grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. raw honey. and extra to taste
- a bunch of fresh mint
- a few slices of lemon, as garnish
1. Pour 3.5 cups of bottled or filtered water into a small pitcher or a mason jar.
2. Grate or mince about 1 to 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger and transfer it to the water. Also, add in some fresh mint.
3. Allow the ginger and fresh mint to steep for about 1 hour or more and chill it. Overnight is even better.
4. Strain the ginger out of the water, and add the lemon juice and raw honey. Taste it and adjust it with additional honey if you need to. Stir to combine and pour it into your water bottle or into a glass. Add a few slices of lemon. QUICK NOTE: You can leave the mint in or remove it; it's your choice.
yields: 2 to 3 servings
If the water is too sour for your preference, you can stir in additional honey to sweeten the flavor to your liking.
You may keep fresh mint in the water and add some extra lemon slices. Then pour some into your glass or water bottle and Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20Total Fat: .1gCarbohydrates: 5.1gFiber: .2gSugar: 3.9gProtein: .2g
Thanks for Pinning!
Tried our Lemon Ginger Honey Water? Let us know, and leave a comment! We’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for stopping by…
Happy and Healthy Life! 🙂
xo anna and liz