The Best Zucchini Bread! Light, super moist and delicious, this zucchini bread would make a great addition to your brunch table this Fall. Like most zucchini bread recipes, it is made with staple ingredients including; some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, along with 2 cups of freshly grated zucchini. Together they create warm flavors making this the BEST tasting Zucchini Bread ever!
Keep in mind, this is super easy too! You will only need 1 bowl, a good whisk and 10 minutes to make, then bake. Yes, it’s that easy!
This zucchini bread was a test recipe for me since my daughter requested this time if I would make one without any chocolate, for my grandchildren, of course! I took one of my favorite zucchini bread recipes and omitted the chocolate and added in a little more flour and warm spices. I only added a small amount of pumpkin pie spice, but you can add in a bit more if you prefer.
And since it turned out so well, I just had to post it. For me, not every test recipe I make turns out great, but when it does – I’m proud to post it.
Once again, the zucchini is completely hidden in this bread, making it a healthy alternative, but remember – I won’t tell, if you won’t!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups packed grated zucchini
- ½ cup butter (1 stick, melted and cooled)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 + ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch loaf pan with some butter and dust with all purpose flour.
- In one large bowl, whisk together sugar, egg and egg yolk until its creamy and a light yellow color, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in the zucchini. Then slowly whisk in the melted butter, vanilla extract, baking soda, ground cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Finally, gradually whisk in the flour until all the flour mixture is well incorporated, about 2 minutes or 15 to 20 strokes.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Bread should be done when toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the bread to slightly cool in pan for about 5 minutes, then transfer to rack to cool completely.
Looking for more Zucchini Bread recipes? I am zucchini bread obsessed this month and have been making them for a while. You may even enjoy our Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread – the Chocolate Lovers Bread! or try some of my friends zucchini breads, Lemon-Zucchini Bread, by Savoring Time in the Kitchen and Zucchini Walnut Streusel Bread, by View From Great Island!
Hope you enjoy our zucchini bread today. In the meantime, we like to wish everyone a great weekend and Happy Holiday tomorrow to all our friends who celebrate Yom Kippur!
Don’t forget to PIN this one to your Breakfast or Brunch board!