Peach Foster Pudding Parfaits ~ are made with creamy, silky vanilla pudding and caramelized peaches. Served in parfait glasses to make an elegant and delicious springtime dessert! Perfect to serve at a brunch, luncheon or dinner party.
Sliced peaches are quickly pan seared with butter, cinnamon, and honey, then they are transferred to parfait glasses and layered with vanilla pudding. A sweet variation on the classic bananas foster we truly love. Only I decided to lighten the recipe a bit.
You don’t have to wait for the summer time to enjoy these parfaits. Sliced peaches can be found in the freezer section at the supermarket and are ready for you when you need them. They worked just fine for this dessert.
With only a few basic steps and a few simple ingredients you can achieve the “foodie excellence” the whole family will truly enjoy! First, make the peaches foster on stove-top, sauteing them with some butter, cinnamon and honey, which takes about 2 minutes. Then set the peaches foster aside to allow the them to cool slightly. No need to add any liquor with this recipe even though it would be yummy to add in a splash of rum!
Next, make the vanilla pudding, cooking it until it thickens, then allow it to cool slightly. Drop a few peaches in each parfait glass and remember to reserve a few peaches to garnish on top. Slowly pour the vanilla pudding into each glass, filling to about 3/4 full or more, add a slice of peach on top and chill for a few hours, or overnight.
I am loving the organics vanilla pudding that comes in a box. It makes it so much easier to make pudding this way and the dessert comes together quickly.
The creamy texture of vanilla pudding compliments the peaches foster flavor, just as it would if you were to serve it with vanilla ice cream. So yummy and delicious! Spring and summer desserts like these are simple to do and make a pretty presentation when you need one.
Of course, when summer finally arrives and the peach season begins, I can hardly wait to make these peach foster pudding parfaits again and enjoy them even more. Maybe, I’ll even add in some rum!
Peach Foster Pudding Parfaits
- 16 to 20 frozen sliced peaches (or 4 fresh peaches sliced)
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon, and extra
- 1 Tbsp. clover honey
- 1 box(3.5 ounce) Organics Vanilla Pudding mix
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 clear parfait glasses
1. In a medium saute pan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in the honey and cinnamon. When mixture begins to bubble, add the sliced peaches and cook until the peaches are hot, about 1 to 2 minutes. Gently spooning the sauce over the peaches as they are cooking. Remove from heat and set them aside to cool.
2. Combine pudding mix and milk in a small sauce pan. Stir well to dissolve mixture. Cook pudding over medium heat, stirring constantly. Bring mixture to a boil, cook and stir for additional minute before removing from heat. Set aside.
3. Place 3 or 4 slices of the cooked peaches on the bottom of each parfait, and set aside 4 slices of peach for garnish. Slowly pour the vanilla pudding into each parfaits over the peaches. Set them aside to cool for a few minutes or refrigerate for about 10 minutes. Then add the remaining slice of peach on top, sprinkle with some cinnamon as garnish. Return to refrigerate at least 2 hours or more. Serve chilled.
Makes 4 servings