Looking for an easy chow mein, stir-fried noodles dinner? Asian-Style Capellini Pasta with Vegetables takes on a new twist when capellini pasta is tossed with Trader Joe’s healthy chopped vegetables and quickly stir-fried with some teriyaki sauce! This popular dish is a low carb, protein and healthy veggie packed meal. So delicious, this stir-fry dinner is ridiculously easy to make and one everyone will enjoy.
Veggies Stir-Fry are quick, healthy and fun!
My daughter was in the mood for some Chinese noodles with vegetables, and I thought I could make a similar version of her favorite. But only easier!
These days, who has time to cook?
When I am out shopping, I’m always on the lookout for new ways to put dinner on the table fast!
Thanks to a container of already chopped veggies (I found at Trader Joe’s), I only needed the capellini pasta (aka super thin pasta) and some sauce to complete my dinner.
Best of all, it was ready in 15 minutes.
Now that’s Awesome!
Make it Easy with a Mixture of Chopped Vegetables…
Trader Joe’s chopped vegetable mix! This container is loaded with 8 healthy vegetables, including chopped broccoli, carrots, celery, green cabbage, red cabbage, radishes, green bell pepper, and jicama.
I love this because all the veggies are already pre-chopped and ready to go!
Who has time to clean and chop all of these? …right?!
Plus, it takes the stress out of the whole thing of preparing dinner, making my life so much easier.
What you need for Asian-Style Capellini Pasta with Vegetables…
There are 4-ingredients for Asian-Style Capellini Pasta with Vegetables:
1/2 pound Capellini Pasta (or Gluten-Free white rice angel pasta)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 pound (16-ounce) Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix
1 cup teriyaki sauce (preservative-free), (I used Trader Joes Soyaki)
How To Make This Stir-Fry Dish Quick and Easy…
1. Bring a 2-quart pot filled with water to boil. Add the capellini pasta. Boil, stirring for only 3 minutes. Drain. Then return the pasta back into the pot and pour 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce. Stir the pasta and sauce until well combined. Taste, and add additional sauce to your liking.
2. Simply stir-fry the vegetables in a skillet for a few minutes with some olive oil.
3. Then add in some teriyaki sauce (Trader Joes Soyaki) ( the remaining 1/2 cup) and stir-fry them for a few minutes more, just enough to give flavor to the veggies.
4. Ladle the capellini pasta into individual plates, with the vegetables on top. Serve immediately.
A Few Notes and Tips:
- It’s best to under cook the pasta, and to a “very al-dente.” The reason for this is because after it’s drained, the pasta continues to cook internally, and you don’t want mushy texture with this dish. Plus, the pasta will also need to stir-fry for additional minute to flavor with the sauce and veggies.
- Keep in mind, you only need to stir-fry the chopped veggies for a few minutes. Don’t over cook them, or you will lose their vibrant color and crunchy texture.
About this Simple Soyaki Sauce…
- This bottle of teriyaki sauce from Trader Joe’s happens to be very good. Because it’s made with fresh garlic, fresh ginger, and sesame seeds, along with soy sauce creating the perfect flavors we would expect in this dish.
- Plus it’s all-natural with no preservatives and no artificial colors or flavors. 🙂
- You can also create your own sauce with: sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, hoisin sauce and chili paste.
The sauce adds wonderful flavors to these vegetables and to the capellini pasta all at once. No need to add anything else. It’s that simple!
The outcome was amazing! So incredibly light and satisfying.
The capellini pasta works really well in this dish. They’re so thin and cook up so quickly with a texture similar to Asian noodles, no one will notice. At least I didn’t think so.
Best of all, your family is getting a dish that is loaded with these nutrient-filled vegetables that are high in vitamins A and C, along with iron and calcium.
Other Delicious Options…
- This recipe is the perfect vegetarian version. No one will ever miss the meat!
- But if you want to add in some protein, go ahead. Shrimp, ground beef or chicken would add in a ton of protein. Just be sure to cook the protein before you add in the chopped vegetables. Then follow the directions in our recipe card.
- Swap out the capellini pasta, and serve this veggie stir-fry with some steamed white or brown rice, zoodles or rice noodles. All side options would work great, served with these stir-fry veggies.
Asian-Style Cappellini Pasta with Vegetables will pair well with a simple green salad as a side to complete dinner!
Besides its simplicity, it’s budget-friendly! Chinese Take-Out can be expensive (around 20 to 30 dollars for 4 servings), it’s costs less to make this meal at home and it tastes so much better!
Best part… with less sodium and definitely, NO MSG added – what-so-ever!
Oh and there’s one more thing. No need to call anyone to the table, that wonderful garlic-ginger aroma fills the house, calling everyone to the table, pronto!
My daughter and husband were very happy … the only thing missing were the chopsticks!
Enjoy!! And Have a great day! 🙂
Thanks for Pinning!
For additional ideas from TRADER JOE’S…
Try our Spinach and Kale Bites, Baked Vegetable Birds Nests, and our Parmesan Pastry Pups! These some of our copycat recipes from Trader Joe’s.
Also, try a few more Quick and Easy Recipes:
- 1/2 pound ( 227grams) Capellini Pasta (or Gluten-Free white rice angel hair pasta)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- One pound (16-ounces, 454grams) Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix
- 1 cup (288grams) teriyaki sauce (preservative-free), divided (I used Trader Joes Soyaki)
1. Bring a 2-quart pot filled with water to boil. Add the capellini pasta. Boil, stirring for only 2 to 3 minutes. Drain pasta.
2. Next, return the pasta into the pot and pour 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce. Stir the pasta and sauce until well combined. Taste, and if you prefer you can add additional sauce to your liking.
3. In a very large, deep skillet, and on medium heat, heat the olive oil for a few seconds. Then add the chopped vegetables.
4. Saute the veggies on medium heat for about 3 minutes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of teriyaki sauce to the vegetables. While stirring, cook veggies for an additional 1 minute or more to flavor the veggies. Turn off the heat.
5. Ladle the capellini pasta into individual plates, spoon some of the vegetables on top. Serve immediately.
6. Serves 3 to 4
Yield:3 to 4 servings
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 347Total Fat: 4.5gCarbohydrates: 60.8gFiber: 4.8gSugar: 14.9gProtein: 12.7g
That’s it friends! Are you cooking with us? If you make our Asian-Style Capellini Pasta with Vegetables, let us know and leave a comment! Have fun and snap a photo! Then hashtag it on Pinterest and on Instagram.
We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our “Subcribe Box” and get our recipes FREE every time we post, and reminders of some great older ones too!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!
Anna and Liz
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 60.8g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||17%|
|Total Sugars 14.9g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|