Easy Cauliflower Salad is a deliciously light tasting salad made with tender cauliflower florets and served with a lemon-vinaigrette, fresh parsley and black olives. An old family recipe, and one we have been making for years! This is a true and tried family recipe that is super easy to make and deliciously tasty!!
This salad is super quick and easy to make once you cord and chop the cauliflower then give it a quick boil and steam until it’s tender. It’s a fantastic low calorie and low carb dish your family and friends will love!
The key flavors in this cauliflower salad is the marinade. It is a simple vinaigrette made with fresh lemon juice, a touch of garlic, and extra-virgin olive oil.
Then we allow this cauliflower salad to marinate for a while in the fridge until all the flavors infuse into the cauliflower, making this salad taste amazing and refreshing.
So light, tangy and lemony delicious, it’s even addicting!
This cauliflower salad is even better when it’s served the next day. A wonderful salad to make ahead and serve as a side dish on a buffet table or at a barbecue!
Cauliflower is a healthy vegetable and known to be one of the super-foods these days. It helps fight disease and cancer. Another bonus to cauliflower is the fact that it’s extremely low in fat, high in fiber, and high in Vitamin C and folate, making this an ideal salad to promote good health!
We hope you’ll give this one a try! Have a great day!
Here’s a quick tip: It’s best not to over cook the cauliflower, it can get mushy very quickly and change the texture, and ruin the salad. This salad can be made 2 days ahead and it’s always best served chilled.
Ingredients you will need for this Easy Cauliflower Salad:
1 cauliflower, small or medium size- cored and chopped
1 garlic clove- minced
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1 + 1/2 fresh lemons- squeezed
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
pinch crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 cup pitted ripe black olives -sliced
salt and pepper to taste
Easy Cauliflower Salad
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Vegetable Salad / Side Dish
Serves: 6 to 8
Easy Cauliflower Salad is a deliciously light tasting salad made with tender cauliflower florets and served with a lemon-vinaigrette, fresh parsley and black olives. Make ahead this simple salad and wow everyone who tries it!
- 1 cauliflower, small or medium size- cored and chopped
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 + ½ fresh lemons- squeezed
- 1 or 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup pitted ripe black olives -sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash cauliflower, cored and chop into chunks.
- In a large pot with 1 inch of water, add the cauliflower chunks and cover. Bring to a boil and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain all the water. Return to the stove. Leave it covered and allow the cauliflower to steam for 3 minutes more, or until they are tender. Poke with a fork to check for a desired tenderness.
- Transfer the steam cauliflower directly into a salad bowl. Add all the ingredients and gently toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool completely before you cover.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, allowing to marinate before serving.
- Best chilled over night. Gently toss cauliflower before serving. Some times the cauliflower will absorb some of the vinaigrette. So TASTE again and adjust the seasons, if needed. Serve chilled.
- Serves 6 to 8