Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant Fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella is an easy pasta dish to make in 30 minutes! Fresh basil, cubes of roasted eggplant, little pearls of mozzarella, and a light sauce are all tossed with spaghetti. Amazingly delicious, the flavor of eggplant is concentrated when roasted, making this dish so yummy, it’s superb!
My husband asked me if I can make a light dinner, requesting no meat or fish. I always make an effort to make something that will incorporate some vegetables.
This time I decided to use eggplants. We love eggplant and it is sensational with simple ingredients like our mom’s best eggplant parmesan, and it’s even better with pasta!
Spaghetti dishes are always popular in our family, and making this dish into a one-dish meal was perfect!
How to Make Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant?
For this recipe, you will need the following main ingredients:
- fresh ripe tomatoes
- one large eggplant
- 2 medium-size onions
- a couple of garlic cloves
- a container of little pearls of mozzarella
- and lots of basil
So let’s Make this Easy Pasta Dish with Roasted Eggplant!
1. First, you will need to roast cubes of eggplant in the oven for about 20 minutes. Then set them aside.
2. In the meantime, grab a large skillet and saute 2 onions, and some garlic, with chopped fresh ripe tomatoes to make a quick tomato sauce in a skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for a few minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add some salt to the water, and toss in the spaghetti. When spaghetti is ready, drain. Transfer the spaghetti back to the pot.
4. Toss in the roasted eggplant and pour in the tomato sauce. And toss to combine. Then, at the last minute, I added the little pearls of fresh mozzarella so it softens slightly without getting stringy.
5. Then just before you serve, top with freshly chopped basil for more flavor. And dinner was done!
Don’t worry if you can’t find pearl-size mozzarella balls. You can easily chop fresh mozzarella into 1/2 -inch cubes and toss them in at the last minute. It works just fine!
Questions and Answers…
- Should I peel my eggplant before roasting? No, there’s no need to peel the skins. Just a good rinse and then cube them.
- Does eggplant need to be soaked before roasting? No soaking the eggplant with this recipe.
- How do you prepare and cut eggplant? For this easy recipe, simply slice the eggplant down the middle horizontally, then slice each half into quarters, and cut into cubes.
Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant Fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella turns out fantastic every time!
This is such a delicious dish. I bet your friends and family will love it.
Serve with a simple green salad as a side and dinner is done! It’s relatively easy to put it all together.
Best of all, it makes a delicious meal in about 30 minutes.
Everyone was happy – and that makes me happy!
…Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!
More Tasty Recipes with Veggies!
- Zucchini Tomato Sauce over Fusilli Pasta.
- Spaghetti with Wild Mushrooms, Cognac and Truffle Oil.
- Pasta with Creamy Cauliflower.
- Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce.
- Bow Tie Pasta with Red Yellow and Orange Peppers.
- Pasta with Italian Squash or Calabaza Squash.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 large eggplant (almost 2 pounds), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 medium onions - chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves- thinly sliced
- 5 ripe tomatoes on the vine- chopped
- 1/2 pound spaghetti pasta
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) fresh mozzarella pearls
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss and spread the eggplant on a baking sheet. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until tender and brown.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and some fresh cracked pepper. Cook until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the fresh basil and stir in 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Fold in the roasted eggplant. Turn off the heat.
- In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Drain. Toss the spaghetti into the skillet with the eggplant, basil, tomato sauce, and fresh mozzarella. And serve immediately.
- Yields: 4 servings