Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant, Fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella is an easy pasta dish to make in under 30 minutes! Roasted eggplant, fresh basil and little pearls of fresh mozzarella are tossed with a quick fresh tomato sauce and spaghetti. Amazingly light, full of flavors and textures, the flavor of fresh eggplant is concentrated when roasted, making this dish so yummy, it’s superb!
My husband asked me if I can make a light dinner, requesting no meat or fish. I always make an effort to make something that will incorporate some vegetables.
This time I decided to use eggplants. We love eggplant and it is sensational with pasta!
For this recipe, I had an abundance of fresh garden tomatoes, one large eggplant, and lots of basil. Spaghetti dishes are always popular in our family, and making this dish into a one-dish-meal was perfect!
So let’s Make this Dish!
First, I roasted cubes of eggplant in the oven for about 20 minutes. In the meantime, I used fresh ripe tomatoes with chopped onions and garlic to make a quick tomato sauce in a skillet.
When the spaghetti was ready to be tossed with everything, I added the little pearls of fresh mozzarella at the very last minute so it softens slightly without getting stringy.
Don’t worry if you can’t find pearl-size mozzarella balls. You can easily chop fresh mozzarella into 1/2-inch cubes and toss them in at the last minute. It works just fine! Then just before you serve, top with freshly chopped basil for more flavor.
And ….. Dinner was done!
Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant, Fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella turned out fantastic! This is a delicious dish and one your friends and family will enjoy.
This pasta dish was relatively easy to put it all together, and it took me only 30 minutes to get it to the table.
The outcome was fantastic! Everyone was happy – and that makes me happy!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!
More Tasty Recipes with Veggies!
Hello friends! Are you cooking with us? If you try our spaghetti with roasted eggplant, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella recipe, please let us know and leave a comment and a star rating in our recipe card! Your feedback is very important to us and to our readers.
Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook! 🙂
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 large eggplant (almost 2 pounds), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 medium onions -chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves- thinly sliced
- 5 ripe tomatoes on the vine- chopped
- 1/2 pound spaghetti pasta
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) fresh mozzarella pearls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss and spread the eggplant on a baking sheet. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until tender and brown.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and some fresh cracked pepper. Cook until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the fresh basil and stir in 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Fold in the roasted eggplant. Turn off heat.
- In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Drain. Toss the spaghetti into the skillet with the eggplant, basil, tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. And serve immediately.