Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant Fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella is an easy pasta dish to make in under 30 minutes! Roasted eggplant, fresh basil, and little pearls of fresh mozzarella are tossed with a quick fresh tomato sauce and spaghetti. Amazingly light, full of flavors and textures, the flavor of fresh eggplant is concentrated when roasted, making this dish so yummy, it’s superb!
My husband asked me if I can make a light dinner, requesting no meat or fish. I always make an effort to make something that will incorporate some vegetables.
This time I decided to use eggplants. We love eggplant and it is sensational with pasta!
For this recipe, I had an abundance of fresh garden tomatoes, one large eggplant, and lots of basil. Spaghetti dishes are always popular in our family, and making this dish into a one-dish-meal was perfect!
So let’s Make this Dish!
1. First, I roasted cubes of eggplant in the oven for about 20 minutes. Then set them aside.
2. In the meantime, I used fresh ripe tomatoes with chopped onions and garlic to make a quick tomato sauce in a skillet. And simmered in a skillet for a few minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add some salt to the water, and toss in the spaghetti. When spaghetti is ready, drain. Transfer the spaghetti back to the pot.
4. Toss in the roasted eggplant and pour in the tomato sauce. And toss to combine. Then, at the last minute, I added the little pearls of fresh mozzarella so it softens slightly without getting stringy.
5. Then just before you serve, top with freshly chopped basil for more flavor. And dinner was done!
Don’t worry if you can’t find pearl-size mozzarella balls. You can easily chop fresh mozzarella into 1/2 -inch cubes and toss them in at the last minute. It works just fine!
Spaghetti with Roasted Eggplant Fresh Tomatoes and Mozzarella turned out fantastic!
This is a delicious dish. I bet your friends and family will love this pasta dish. It’s relatively easy to put it all together, and it took only 30 minutes to get it to the table.
The outcome was fantastic! Everyone was happy – and that makes me happy!
Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!
More Tasty Recipes with Veggies!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 large eggplant (almost 2 pounds), cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 medium onions -chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves- thinly sliced
- 5 ripe tomatoes on the vine- chopped
- 1/2 pound spaghetti pasta
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) fresh mozzarella pearls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss and spread the eggplant on a baking sheet. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes, until tender and brown.
- In the meantime, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over moderate heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and some fresh cracked pepper. Cook until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the fresh basil and stir in 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Fold in the roasted eggplant. Turn off heat.
- In a large pot of boiling water, add 1 teaspoon of salt. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Drain. Toss the spaghetti into the skillet with the eggplant, basil, tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. And serve immediately.