Cheesy Mini Biscuits ~ Little mini muffins loaded with shredded cheddar cheese are baked in 10 minutes and taste just like Jim ‘n Nick’s cheesy biscuits. Light, fluffy and sweet tasting, these cheesy mini biscuits will make a wonderful addition to add to your traditional Christmas morning, Christmas brunch and even dinner.
Serve them with your favorite sweet jams and even cranberry sauce to make them more festive!
These are a copycat of Jim ‘n Nick’s Cheesy Biscuits. My family adores these mini cheesy muffins every time we stop by Jim ‘n Nick’s. Jim ‘n Nick’s is a BBQ restaurant and are known for their popular cheesy biscuits. I wanted to try making them for my family.
So I searched for a recipe until I found the one I thought was close to the original. For this simple recipe all you need is one bowl, a good whisk and 5 minutes of your time to make them.
Then bake them in a 24 mini muffin pan for 10 minutes. Easy-peasy!
It doesn’t get any easier than this!
Also, this recipe makes plenty, so one batch will be enough to serve a crowd. Cheesy biscuits are great to serve with all meals. I mean, who doesn’t enjoy a warm cheesy biscuit with a meal? Right?
Serve these delicious Cheesy Mini Biscuits warm with some butter and your favorite sweet jams on the side and watch them disappear!
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 2 cups (8 ounce) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- canola oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to Bake at 400 F degrees. Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add and whisk in the milk, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the melted butter and continue to whisk until well blended.
- Fold in the shredded cheese.
- Fill mini muffin tins to the top with batter. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown on tops.
- Set aside and allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Remove from muffin pan.
- Serve warm.
- Yields: 32 mini cheese muffins
Store in a plastic bag or container to keep them fresh. Recipe adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen and many other recipes.