Flounder Filet Rollatini. Slices of flounder filets are lightly coated in egg and bread crumbs and stuffed with pesto sauce, provolone cheese and rolled up into a rollatini. Then baked until golden brown. This recipe will definitely transform everyday flounder fish filets into something spectacular!
You can serve Flounder Filet Rollatini with a large green salad, or serve it with spaghetti tossed with pesto sauce. It’s an easy seafood dinner that is ideal for a busy weeknight, and fancy enough to serve at a dinner party. And it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Flounder filet is a white fish with a moist, flaky texture that melts in your mouth with every bite.
And, baked flounder fish = healthier!
Keep it simple.
Stuffing flounder filets with fresh pesto sauce and cheese will enhance and add lovely flavors to the fish. Here, I used provolone cheese, but you can use mozzarella cheese instead. I can tell you both cheeses will give a delicious taste to the fish.
I made these flounder rollatini’s a few months ago and finally had a chance to post it today.
My inspiration for this recipe came from one of our royal followers who wrote me to tell me she made one of my chicken rollatini recipes using flounder filet fish instead of chicken, and it turned out fantastic!
I just knew I had to try it!
Flounder Filet Rollatini
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner / Seafood
Serves: 4 to 5 servings
Flounder Filet Rollatini. Flounder fish stuffed with pesto and cheese and rolled into rollatini then baked until golden brown is an easy, delicious dinner. This recipe will definitely transform everyday flounder fish filets into something spectacular!
- 1 pound of thinly sliced flounder filets, (about 5 to 7 slices)
- 2 eggs- lightly beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- dash of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- ¼ pound of sliced provolone cheese
- Fresh Basil Pesto Sauce
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Using 3 Breading Trays ( as shown below), in the first tray, lightly beat eggs and milk.
- In the second tray, combine bread crumbs, both grated cheeses, parsley, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Transfer each breaded flounder filet onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place one or two slices of cheese on top (you can cut the cheese in halves to fit better) then spoon some pesto sauce on top.
- Roll each filet and set them down with seam side down. Lightly drizzle with olive oil over them to help keep them moist while baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Cooking times may vary slightly depending on oven. Remove and transfer to a serving platter and serve.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Serves 4 to 5
Here’s a Tip: Pesto Sauce is something I make all year long and keep in a mason jar in my fridge. These days, pesto sauce is widely used as a wonderful condiment, and for so many recipes, adding to sandwiches, soups, chicken, fish dishes and more.