Fast & Easy Keto Ravioli. Fast and easy – that‘s the secret to our Keto Ravioli recipe! This dish is a low-carb, gluten-free meal that is quick to prepare and bakes in a flash. The resulting outcome is one the whole family will love! Slices of cheese are used with cooked ground beef and tomato sauce, then baked in minutes, creating an appearance of “ravioli.” So simple, effortless, and positively delicious, … you’ll have to try them!
This could be your new favorite no-pasta, gluten-free meal.
Whether you’re on the Keto Diet or not and your craving ravioli. Or just looking for a low-carb meal, but one that is satisfying, then this is the ideal recipe and especially for busy nights.
I was inspired to make this keto ravioli and adapted it from the ketogenic diet and also from the keto diet book. But also, because I just had to try them.
What is a Keto Ravioli?
Our Keto Ravioli is made with sliced provolone cheese to resemble “the pasta” and stuffed with a meat mixture. Then it is topped with an already prepared tomato sauce. It’s quickly transfered into the oven to bake until the cheese melts, and they’re ready to serve!
Fast & Easy Keto Ravioli…
It’s the perfect dish to make for busy nights.
An easy meal that resembles ravioli that’s totally gluten-free, and without all the carbs.
Loaded with protein!
It’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
Budget-friendly, and inexpensive recipe.
You can make as much as you need to feed yourself or your family.
This can also be a one-dish meal! Just serve it with a side of greens or with Italian Tomato Salad (Marinated), or our Asparagus Salad with Arugula.
Simple Ingredients for Keto Ravioli:
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 onion – chopped
2 garlic cloves – minced
1 pound (16-ounces) ground lean beef
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 package of sliced provolone cheese
1 cup already prepared marinara sauce
2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese – divided
cooking olive oil spray
How to Make Fast & Easy Keto Ravioli…
1. Preheat the Oven! Lightly spray one or two large baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Cook the Meat.: Heat olive oil and add in the chopped onion and garlic. Cook the onion mixture until the onions are softened and translucent. Add the chopped ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef while it is cooking. Cook until meat is fully cooked, brown, and no longer pink.
3. Make the Ravioli:
a. Lay slices of provolone cheese on the prepared baking pan. Next, spoon some of the meat mixtures, about 1 heaping tablespoon or more, and place them in the center of each slice of cheese.
b. Take another slice and cover each one.
c. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of tomato sauce over each one.
d. Then sprinkle on top with grated parmesan cheese.
4. Bake in The Oven: About 2 to 4 minutes, until the cheese melts on top. Then remove from the oven, and use a fork to press down the ends of the cheese to seal them. Use a large spatula to lift each one and serve. Serve immediately.
A Cook’s Note…
I happened to use deli-sliced provolone cheese, which was too thin to use for this recipe. So I had to make a “second batch” and doubled up on the slices to make them thicker. It’s best to use the pre-packaged already sliced provolone cheese because they are thicker slices, and work well with this recipe.
Tips and Variations…
Try this recipe using different kinds of cheeses: such as sliced Swiss cheese, Gruyere, and Gouda.
The appearance of the “ravioli” can be either round or square. Plus, they don’t need to look perfect – they will be devoured as soon as they come out of the oven.
Toss in some fresh greens! Try baby spinach into the meat mixture, and some shredded mozzarella.
Omit the Meat? Yes, and stuff with a mixture of ricotta cheese and shredded mozzarella instead!
Add different toppings like shredded mozzarella, along with grated cheese.
Make it your own – the options are endless!
For this recipe, we used our mom’s quick marinara sauce. But you can certainly use your favorite tomato sauce.
Can we use Jarred Tomato Sauce?
Yes, you can! There are some really good brands of tomato sauce on the market these days. So by all means, go ahead and use your favorite one.
Try these low-carb, gluten-free so-called keto ravioli! They turned out terrific!
I was very pleased with the outcome and I think you will be too! 😉
More Delicious Low-Carb Recipes!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 pound ground chopped beef
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 package of sliced provolone cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese - divided
- cooking olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly sprays one or two large baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-size non-stick skillet. Heat olive oil and add in the chopped onion and garlic. Cook the onion mixture until the onions are softened and translucent. Add the chopped ground beef and use a wooden spoon to break up the ground beef while it is cooking.
- Continue to cook until the meat mixture is fully cooked and no longer pink. Turn off the heat and keep covered to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, lay slices of provolone cheese on the prepared baking pan. Spoon some of the meat mixtures and place them in the center of each slice of cheese. Take another slice and cover each one.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of tomato sauce over each one. Then sprinkle on top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 2 to 4 minutes, until the cheese melts on top.
- Remove from the oven, and use a fork to press down the ends of the cheese to seal them. Use a large spatula to lift each one and serve.
- Serve immediately.
- Yields: 12 to 14 Keto ravioli
Yield:12 to 14 ravioli
Serving Size:2 ravioli
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 153Total Fat: 7.9gCarbohydrates: 4.2gProtein: 15.6g
|Serving size: 2 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7.9g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3.6g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.2g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|
|Total Sugars 2.3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|
If you make these fast & easy keto ravioli, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating! We’d love to hear from you. Sharing your insights and experiences helps everyone who reads them, and helps us too! Snap a photo and share it on social media, be sure to tag us @2sistersrecipes or hashtag #2sistersrecipes.
For more delicious recipes, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Don’t forget to enter your email in our weekly ‘Subscribe Box’ and be the first to get new recipes every time we post, and reminders of great older ones too! This recipe was inspired and adapted from the ketogenic diet and from The Keto Diet book.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Happy and Healthy Cooking 🙂
xo Anna and Liz