Lemon Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner is a healthy one-pan meal with boneless chicken thighs, potatoes, tomatoes, and onions, roasted with lemon juice. Quick, easy and lemony delicious! Perfect for a weeknight or weekend meal.
Reasons to LOVE this Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner…
- This is a very easy one-pan meal to put together, and in about 15 minutes.
- This lemon chicken sheet-pan dinner makes a great meal for the whole family to enjoy.
- You can roast, for about 40 to 45 minutes, and your dinner is ready.
- Chicken thighs along with some of the potatoes will turn out tender and juicy.
- It’s packed with flavor!
- Choose any chicken parts for this recipe.
- Not only is it budget-friendly, but it’s delicious tasting and satisfying meal.
We love these easy meals for busy weeknights! Why? Because with our busy lives, we need quick dinners to not only be satisfying as a meal but one that isn’t complicated to put together.
These recipes are a lifesaver! … especially when you cannot decide on what to make for dinner.
So when I came across a package of chicken thighs the other day, I knew I could whip this up into a ONE chicken sheet-pan dinner for my family.
Best of all, everything is baked or roasted in one pan!
Making clean-up a breeze. 🙂
How to Make Lemon Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner…(*full recipe card below)
- First, rinse and remove excess chicken fat around the thighs and discard. Then rinse the thighs again and allow to drain.
- Next, coarsely chop all the vegetables, toss them into the pan.
- Season with dried seasonings, add the chicken thighs, and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil over the entire sheet pan.
- Roast at a high temperature, 400 degrees F (204C), for 40 minutes, then pour in the lemon juice and continue to roast for 5 minutes more and serve. So the total is 45 minutes.
Our seasonings and ingredients may be very simple but the flavors are BOLD and fabulous!
You only need extra virgin olive oil, a few dried herbs, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and fresh lemon juice to make this chicken dinner best tasting!
Great Options for this Chicken Dinner…
- What’s great about this one sheet-pan dinner, is that you can adapt and improvise to your liking. You can make this chicken dinner using chicken legs, or with chicken breasts.
- Try adding your favorite seasonings, such as Italian seasonings, or a combination of them.
- Toss in other vegetables too! Give this sheet-pan dinner more variety and color, like adding in some broccoli, chopped carrots and frozen peas.
- Once you’ll try this recipe, you will know how to make it your own, adding additional touches and ingredients to your liking.
Ingredients needed for this Lemon Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner recipe:
For this one-pan chicken dinner recipe, you will need:
- One package (1.5 pounds) (about 5 thighs) of boneless, skinless chicken thighs – remove excess fat, rinse and drain.
2. Fresh ripe tomatoes – coarsely chopped.
3. Large russet baking potatoes (3 or 4) – chopped into quarters.
4. Large onion – coarsely chopped.
5. Dried herbs: herbs de Provence and dried parsley.
6. Seasonings: garlic powder, salt, and fresh cracked black pepper.
7. Extra virgin olive oil: about 3 to 4 tablespoons is good.
8. One large lemon – we prefer fresh-squeezed lemon juice and at least 1/4 cup or more is needed. It is so much healthier than bottled juice (which contains preservatives and chemicals).
When you roast chicken thighs along with vegetables and add these simple ingredients, the entire dish turns out flavorful!
Everyone will love this combo after they take their first bite.
My family devours this lemon chicken sheet pan meal every time. They even ask me to make it often.
I love it best because this recipe is quick and takes about 15 minutes to prep, and into the oven, it goes!
Helpful Tips for this Lemon Chicken Dinner…
- Keep in mind, the chicken, tomatoes, and onions will release their natural juices in the pan while roasting. This will keep the chicken thighs and potatoes moist and juicy.
- It’s best to roast on the middle rack on your oven. This will keep the veggies from burning, plus they will cook evenly.
- Chicken thighs will shrink in size when roasting. So if you need more servings, then use 2 packages of boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- We love potatoes, so I used 4 large russet potatoes. We prefer a 3 to 1 ratio with vegetables to meat with our dinner… so having more veggies on our plate is better.
- It’s a great idea to pour in the lemon juice at the last 5 minutes of roasting. This will intensify the lemon flavor in the chicken and vegetables, making them so YUMMY!
- No fancy equipment is needed. Just one large roasting pan.
- And, it’s not an expensive dinner either. This meal will feed a family of 3 or 4 for under 20 dollars.
Storing and Reheating Leftovers…
1. It’s best to transfer any leftover chicken and veggies into a sealed container. Then place the container into the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
2. Then to Reheat: use a baking sheet pan, drizzle some olive oil (about 1/2 tablespoon) on the bottom. Transfer any leftover on the greased baking sheet pan.
3. TO REHEAT the LEFTOVERS: preheat the oven at 350 degrees F. and reheat the leftovers for about 15 minutes or more. Remove and serve.
Lemon Chicken Sheet-Pan Dinner is a great meal to serve family and friends. Try this recipe, you’ll be glad you did!
Finally, you might enjoy a few more chicken recipes!
1 package (1.5 pounds) (about 5 thighs) of boneless, skinless chicken thighs - remove excess fat, rinse and drain. (prefer organic)
2 ripe tomatoes - coarsely chopped
3 to 4 large russet baking potatoes - chopped into quarters
1 large onion - coarsely chopped
2 tsp. Herbs de Provence
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 + 1/2 tsp. salt
fresh cracked black pepper
3 to 4 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil - divided
1 large lemon - juiced (at least 1/4 cup or more)
1. Preheat the oven to ROAST at 400 degrees F. Use a large roasting pan, drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on the bottom of the baking sheet or pan.
2. Rinse and clean any excess fat left on each chicken thigh. Then rinse again, and drain in a colander.
3. Transfer the thighs onto the baking sheet pan. Season the thighs with salt and black pepper.
4. Scatter all the vegetables around the chicken thighs on the baking sheet pan. Scatter with herbs de Provence, garlic powder, dried parsley, salt, and fresh cracked black pepper over the entire mixture.
5. Drizzle over the chicken and vegetables with 2 or 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
6. Roast on the middle rack of the oven for about 40 minutes.
7. After 40 minutes, slightly pull out the pan and pour over the chicken with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Push the pan back into the oven and continue to roast for an additional 5 minutes. The total roasting or baking time is 45 minutes. NOTE: if the veggies and chicken look a little dry, just drizzle more extra virgin olive oil over them.
8. Remove and serve.
Serve 3 to 5
Keep in mind, all ovens vary. So the roasting time can vary depending on the oven you use.
Yield:4 to 5 servings
Serving Size:1 serving ( 4 ounces)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 15.5gCarbohydrates: 39.9gFiber: 6.6gSugar: 5.3gProtein: 30.8g
|Serving size: 4 ounces|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.5g||20%|
|Saturated Fat 3.1g||16%|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.9g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.6g||24%|
|Total Sugars 5.3g|
|Vitamin D 0mcg||0%|