Easy Beets Goat Cheese Walnut Salad is another light and refreshing salad to serve all year long! An alternative to leafy green salads, beets are very healthy to use in salads. A sweet and savory beet salad with some added crunch is not complicated to make at all. In fact, it’s one of the easiest salads to make, and you’ll wonder why you haven’t made it before!
We usually keep fresh beets and walnuts on our monthly shopping list. I truly enjoy making this beet salad at least once a month.
And we LOVE crumbled goat cheese! It’s creamy and salty and blends well in this salad.
To Make Easy Beets Goat Cheese Walnut Salad:
For this recipe, simply boiling the beets is all you need to do.
No need to peel them beforehand, just throw them into a pot of water and boil until they are tender.
Then run them under cold water to cool them down quickly.
Next, peel or scrape off their skins (I find it easier to scrape than to peel) and slice them to about 1/2-inch thick.
Add all the other ingredients (but hold the cheese till the very end) and chill or set the beet salad aside at room temperature.
Beets are a non-starchy vegetable and very versatile.
You can easily roast or boil beets and you can enjoy eating them warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Toss them into your green salads, they’re terrific for adding color to them. And they’re low in calories and low in fat too!
Beets and walnuts contain many health benefits, providing an abundance of vitamins, minerals, and omega 3’s. Plus beets are rich in antioxidants!
The creamy goat cheese adds a savory flavor and tempers the beet flavor, making it a perfect match!
Just another delicious and healthy salad for you to make for family and friends!
For More Tasty Salads, try these!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- One bunch of Beets (about 3 or 4, medium or small size)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Cut off the stems and discard. On stovetop, and in a medium saucepot, add water enough to cover the beets. Cover with a lid. Bring to boil and simmer for about 45 minutes or until beets are tender. I prefer it when a fork slides through easily.
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and fresh black pepper. Taste and adjust to taste. Set aside.
- Drain the beets and allow to cool for a few minutes, or run them under cold water to speed up the process. Peel off skins. Slice beets about 1/4-inch thick.
- In a large bowl or serving platter, add beets and pour half the balsamic dressing. Gently mix and taste, and adjust the dressing adding in more to your preference. Reserve any remaining dressing for another time. Just before serving, sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and walnuts on top and serve!
- Serves 6