Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwich ~ together offer savory and sweet flavors that will exceed anyone’s expectations. Sliced pears along with a thin slice of blue cheese, fresh arugula, and a dash of Dijon creates a grilled cheese sandwich that becomes insanely delicious!
Fall is all about fruits in season, apples and pears mostly, taste their best when they come in full season. Sweet pears like Bosc pears are my favorite. Although I haven’t posted many pear recipes, I thought I would try this grilled cheese and pear sandwich for lunch.
Blue cheese is known to be a very sharp, salty cheese but when it melts it becomes creamy, smooth and mild tasting. When you pair it with a subtle sweet-tart pear, like the Bosc pear and some fresh arugula to give it some peppery flavor, it merges them together into a tasty and delicious sandwich. So good!
You’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it before.
I made them again for dinner one night and served them with a side of a vegetable soup like our- Creamy Butternut Squash Potato Soup ( it’s one of our oldest recipes but still a favorite!). Or you can serve it with our Potato, Broccoli and Cheddar Soup.
Ideally, this is a delicious grilled cheese sandwich to serve with any soup next to it!
I took this grilled cheese and pear sandwich over to my neighbor Julie’s house for a taste test. I wanted another opinion on this for some reassurance. And she loved it! She said the Dijon mustard actually gave it a nice kick.
I personally prefer the sandwich without the Dijon mustard, but you can try it with the Dijon mustard, as an option. You’ll need to try it both ways to see for yourself which way you would prefer.
Sometime ago I posted one of our pizza’s called the Pear and Roquefort Pizza. It’s basically made with the same ingredients, fresh pears, blue cheese and fresh arugula. So delicious! I never thought of paring these three ingredients together would work as well as they do. But you know what? They do!
You’ll have to try it and let me know what you think?
Don’t forget to PIN this one to your favorite Sandwich board!
and thanks for sharing! ….
- 4 Thick slices country bread
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted or olive oil
- 4 ounces Blue cheese - thinly sliced
- 1 large Bosc pear - thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Optional: 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with butter or olive oil.
- Form sandwiches with buttered-side out. Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard on one side onto each sandwich, then add a few slices of pear and pile on some fresh arugula.
- Top with a thin slice of blue cheese and close the sandwiches.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Grill the sandwiches, on low heat until the bread is golden brown, crispy and the cheese is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Remove and cut sandwiches in half or diagonally and serve immediately.
- Serves 2
For more delicious grilled cheese ideas and recipes follow us on Instagram and Pinterest! If you have any questions, please ask away!
And, don’t forget if you make this grilled cheese and pear sandwich, please leave a comment and a star rating below!
We’d love to hear from you!
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Anna and Liz
Thanks for stopping by!
Hello Friends! My husband and I have been traveling back to New York and had a chance to spend time with family and friends. Every year we make it a family tradition to take all the kids to an upstate farm for apple picking. My sister Liz took this shot of my grand kids and wanted to share it. So much fun! We hope you are having a great weekend! Enjoy!