Sauteed Chicken Cutlets with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Feta and Basil ~ is a one-skillet meal made with skinless chicken cutlets, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and topped with feta cheese and fresh basil. This recipe definitely transforms everyday chicken cutlets into something spectacular! A simple and healthy dish with a Mediterranean flair and amazing flavors that won’t disappoint!
One package of thin skinless chicken cutlets, one pint of cherry tomatoes, some kalamata olives, garlic, fresh basil, and olive oil is all you need to make this chicken into a FABULOUS dish and it’s perfect every time!
This is an outstanding chicken dish because the flavors are bold, the colors are vibrant and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
Sauteed chicken cutlets with cherry tomatoes is always satisfying and even a little addicting.
We’re always looking for ways to turn a simple package of thin chicken cutlets into something interesting and fabulous for dinner! This happens to be one of them.
How to Make this FABULOUS Chicken dish!!
First, the chicken cutlets are lightly dredged with some flour, coating both sides evenly. Then they are sauteed in a large skillet with some olive oil and butter for a few minutes, until they are fully cooked and transferred to a serving plate nearby.
Using the same skillet, we added in some fresh garlic, cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives, and sautéd them with olive oil for about 2 minutes. Then spooned the entire mixture over the chicken and topped with crumbled feta cheese and fresh basil. Yum!!
Simple, fresh tasting and delicious!
My favorite part of this dinner? Is that this chicken dish is entirely made in ONE skillet – for easy clean up! It is one of those quick and easy skillet dinners; with wonderful and bold flavors, makes a very light dish along with a refreshing taste to the chicken. Trust me, it is truly FABULOUS!
NO need to add a lot of seasonings with this recipe, since the key ingredients are the kalamata olives and feta cheese that add enough flavors to make this dish so outstanding! Everyone really LOVED it!
With that in mind, I want to share a recent article that was sent to me from a friend of mine about the health benefits of following the Mediterranean diet. Previous studies have shown that this diet which is high in fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts, fish, and olive oil- is believed to be associated with weight loss, lower blood pressure and blood cholesterol levels, and a lower risk of diabetes and heart disease.
You can read more information about the Mediterranean diet in the CBS news article found at http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mediterranean-diet-cuts-risk-of-heart-disease-nearly-in-half/
This skillet chicken recipe is from the ‘old world’ and is currently the new now! Think Mediterranean all the way; a dish presentation of colorful ingredients with a diet healthy recipe and it won’t disappoint in flavor.
Don’t forget to PIN to your Dinner Board!
Would you like another all-in-one-skillet chicken recipe?
Try our Mom’s Best Chicken Piccata, it too is made in minutes and with simple ingredients! And let’s not forget one more, Chicken Smothered with Marsala, Mushrooms and Parsley – it happens to be one of our faves!
If you try this recipe, let us know and leave a comment! Snap a photo and hashtag it on Instagram @2sistersrecipes, and on Pinterest. We’d love to see what you cook!
Don’t forget to enter your email address in our ‘subscribe box’ and get our recipes FREE everytime we post! Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Sauteed Chicken Cutlets with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Feta, and Basil
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner / One Skillet Meal
Serves: 2 to 4
Sautéed Chicken Cutlets with Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Feta and Basil ~ this recipe definitely transforms everyday chicken cutlets into something spectacular! A simple and healthy dish with a Mediterranean flair and amazing flavors that won't disappoint!
- 4 skinless thin chicken cutlets (about 9 ounces)
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 + ½ Tbsp. olive oil - divided
- 3 garlic cloves - diced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes - halved
- ⅓ cup kalamata olives - pitted, rinsed, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 fresh basil leaves- sliced into long strips
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. crumbled Feta cheese
- Place the flour in a shallow dish. Sprinkle the chicken cutlets lightly with some salt and pepper. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, and dredge chicken in flour, coating both sides evenly. Shake off excess flour.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil with butter over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and sauté the cutlets for about 3 to 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness of cutlets), or until chicken is golden brown and fully cooked.
- Remove and transfer cutlets to a nearby serving platter. Place a sheet of foil wrap over them to keep them warm.
- In the same skillet, reduce heat to low and add in the diced garlic. Stir until garlic softens, about 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil, cherry tomatoes, olives and water. Cook and scrape up any brown bits in the skillet, until the tomatoes softened, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Taste, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon everything over the chicken cutlets, including all juices. Sprinkle on top with fresh basil and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
- Serves 2 to 4