A medley of sweet potatoes, brussel spouts, yellow squash, carrots and cauliflower are easily oven roasted with olive oil, onions and chopped prosciutto until the vegetables are tender and golden then topped with Reggiano Parmigiano cheese making this casserole a fabulous choice for any autumn or winter dinner, and maybe even Thanksgiving!
The key ingredient in this one is the prosciutto which gives the vegetables a subtle, smoky flavor while not being overpowering. Since everyone LOVES cheese on a casserole, the added Parmesan cheese adds more flavor without adding a lot of fat and calories. A win-win for everyone, don’t you think?
Unlike any other casserole dishes for Thanksgiving, this one is packed with colorful vegetables adding tons of vitamins A,C and K, beta carotene and minerals along with aromatic flavors.
Since Thanksgiving is around the corner, this casserole is practical and convenient, and a healthy alternative especially since it doesn’t contain the heaviness of creams and sugars nor their extra calories.
Save all the creams and sugars for desserts!
Have a great weekend Ciao!
xo Anna and Liz
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 yellow squash, rinsed and chopped
- 1 small basket small Brussels sprouts, cleaned, sliced in halves
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 small yellow onions- chopped
- 1 small cauliflower- discard cord, florets chopped
- 4 ounces sliced prosciutto -chopped into pieces
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp. butter – sliced into pieces
- 1/3 cup grated Reggiano Parmigiano cheese
- olive oil cooking spray