Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce. White Cream Asparagus Sauce is easily made in minutes and in one skillet, and served over Spinach and Cheese Ravioli. Looks fancy, yet it’s super easy! A simple pasta dish that is easy enough to make after a long day at work, and impressive enough to serve guests at a dinner party.
Delicious and yet a sophistication dish made without a lot of fuss!
We love to entertain on the weekends and I love to make friends feel special.
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce is so simple and so easy to make, it always makes a huge impression every time! Best of all, this Asparagus Cream Sauce is made in minutes while your Raviolis are boiling in water.
I have been making this dish for years and never thought to post it until now.
Freshly chopped fresh asparagus, butter, light cream, leeks and pancetta are the main ingredients to this creamy asparagus sauce, then it’s lightly spooned over ravioli stuffed with spinach and cheese.
It’s SO YUMMY!
First, boil a pot of water for the ravioli while I prep and slice the asparagus for my cream sauce.
You can slice the asparagus as thin as you like, and on a diagonal to make their appearance even more elegant when serving guests. Here I chopped thin asparagus on a slight diagonal, simply because I prefer a nice bite to their texture with this dish.
Then I got started on my white cream sauce in a skillet.
Saute chopped leeks with pancetta, until the pancetta is fully cooked. The pancetta adds a mild smoky flavor to the cream sauce.
Then stir in the asparagus, and finally the cream and Parmesan cheese. Allow the creamy asparagus sauce to simmer for a few minutes more to infuse the flavors. Now the sauce is ready.
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce takes about 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
I found Organic Spinach and Cheese Ravioli from Costco and boiled them for a few minutes until they were ready. Drained and placed 3 or 4 on each dinner plate and spooned some of the white creamy asparagus sauce over them.
No need to add a lot of sauce on top of the ravioli dish (even though that’s how I prefer it), just a couple of spoons will do.
The final touch, of course, is to sprinkle a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese over the entire dish and serve.
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce is simple, creamy delicious and makes an elegant first course to serve for any special occasion. Best of all, it’s perfect for meatless meals, and you don’t need an occasion to make this pasta dish.
Don’t forget to PIN to your Dinner Board ! … and thanks for your support!
Love Ravioli as much as we do? Then try our other recipes: Easy Cheese Ravioli with Pesto Sauce or our Cheese Ravioli with Bolognese Sauce!
Spinach Ravioli with White Cream Asparagus Sauce
Author: 2 sisters recipes
Recipe type: Dinner / pasta dish
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
Spinach Ravioli is served with a White Cream Asparagus Sauce that is made in one skillet and in minutes! Easy, delicious and yet fancy enough to serve a a dinner party! Perfect for a busy weeknight and meatless meals.
- 1 pound Organic Spinach and Cheese Ravioli (about 22 to 25 ravioli)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped pancetta
- ¼ cup chopped leeks, (about ½ leek) or green onions
- 1 pound fresh thin asparagus, rinsed, ends cut off
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup light cream or half & half
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus extra
- First, fill a large pasta pot with water and heat over high heat. Add 1 or 2 teaspoons of salt to the water. It takes about 10 minutes to bring the water to a full boil, leaving you time to get started on the cream sauce. Then, when water comes to a full boil, add the raviolis and follow directions to the package. Keeping an eye on them while you make the white cream sauce. When raviolis are ready, allow them to DRAIN in a large colander.
- Meanwhile, rinse asparagus and cut off the bottoms, about 2 inches from the bottom of each spear and discard the ends.
- On a cutting board, take a few spears at a time and slice diagonally, about ¼-inch, or ½-inch thick. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick and deep skillet, heat on medium-low heat the olive oil. Add chopped leeks and pancetta and saute until the pancetta is fully cooked, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus to the mixture and 2 tablespoons of butter. Lower the heat and Cover with a lid. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, until the asparagus turns bright green and is tender to the bite. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour in the cream and stir in 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Then raise the heat a little to bring the cream asparagus mixture to a low simmer. Stirring until the mixture thickens a little, about 3 minutes more. Taste one last time and season to taste. Sauce is ready to serve. Turn off heat.
- Plate each dinner plate with 3 or more ravioli. Spoon over them with some creamy asparagus sauce. Then sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan cheese over the entire plate.
- Serve immediately.
- Serve 4 to 6 servings