Baked Flounder Filet Oreganata – Lightened! Flounder filet is a white fish, that has a soft, flaky moist texture that melts in your mouth with every bite when it’s baked in a bath of wine and lemon juices. Flounder Filet Oreganata is our moms recipe which we lightened up to reduce some of the fat and calories.
Growing up, seafood was always on the menu for Friday dinners during the year. As a small child, I remember standing by the front door while Mom would go out and pick fresh fish from the back of a red pick-up truck which was filled with crushed ice.
It was always on a Friday the fishmonger would drive by the neighborhood, and ring a loud bell to sell seafood to everyone on the block. And he did it from the back of his truck that was filled with crushed ice and an assortment of fresh fish.
Nowadays, food sales are more regulated so we drive to a local seafood market to buy our seafood.
Something’s have changed, but one thing sure hasn’t – that we love seafood and it’s usually served on Fridays during the year in our home.
Baked Flounder Filet Oreganata is so light, tasty and so delicious, you will be amazed how moist this fish turns out. We love this recipe for flounder filet and we hope you will too!
Have a great day everyone! 🙂
How To Make Baked Flounder Filet Oreganata -Lightened!
First, open the package of your fish and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a 9 x 6 baking dish, or a 9 x 13 baking dish, spray generously with cooking spray.
Lay the flounder filets into the dish.
Scatter all the dry seasonings, bread crumbs, grated cheese and minced garlic on top of each flounder. Add some sea salt and black pepper on top. Drizzle each flounder with extra virgin olive oil.
Gently pour white wine and 1/2 of a lemon juiced around the fish, not directly on top.
Save the other half of lemon juice to add in just before serving.
Then bake uncovered, for 20 to 22 minutes.
Remove from oven. Pour the other half of lemon juice on top of the filets. Allow the juices to absorb into the fish, and cool down for 2 minutes. Then serve.
What to Serve with Baked Flounder Filet Oreganata…
Baked flounder filet oreganata can be served with endless side dishes. Serve with an easy vegetable like our sweet garden peas with onions and capers along with a green salad and dinner is complete!
You might also enjoy serving our easy garlic mashed potatoes, or our roasted baby red and yukon potatoes.
And in case you need a few more delicious sides… enjoy our zucchini sticks oreganata, or sauteed green beans with onions with this flounder!
… Thanks for Pinning!
You may enjoy these seafood recipes as well…
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 22 minutes
Total Time 27 minutes
- 1 pound fresh flounder filets (about 2 large filets)
- 1 garlic clove- minced
- 1 lemon -juiced
- 3 Tbsp. plain bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. grated parmigiana cheese
- 1/4 tsp. organic garlic powder
- 2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- vegetable cooking spray oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a 9 x 6 baking dish, or a 9 x 13 baking dish, spray generously with cooking spray.
- Lay the flounder filets into the dish.
- Scatter all the dry seasonings, bread crumbs, grated cheese and minced garlic on top of each flounder. Add some sea salt and black pepper on top.
- Drizzle each flounder with extra virgin olive oil.
- Gently pour white wine and 1/2 of a lemon juiced around the fish, not directly on top.
- Save the other half of lemon juice to add in just before serving.
- Bake uncovered, for 20 to 22 minutes.
- Serves 2 to 4