Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Prosciutto and Cheese. These are boneless center-cut pork chops stuffed with prosciutto and cheese, coated in extra virgin olive oil and bread crumbs, and baked in less than 30 minutes. The stuffing inside is what makes these pork chops so good!!
My family doesn’t care for pork chops because they are not that tasty, and need a lot of help to make them tasty.
Since they were craving for my Chicken Rollatini’s; and instead, I had a package of these boneless pork chops in the fridge, I figured why not give them a try.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED STUFFED PORK CHOPS…
1. First, simply cut a deep pocket in each pork chop (aka “butterfly” the pork chops), but keep the sides intact.
2. Then stuff each one with a slice or two of prosciutto and cheese.
3. Coat both sides with olive oil, then with the bread crumb mixture.
4. Then Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or longer until they are fully cooked. Keep in mind, all ovens vary.
The Bread Crumb Mixture…
The bread crumb mixture also gives these stuffed pork chops a lot of flavors them. It contains plain bread crumbs, grated pecorino cheese, dried parsley, black pepper, salt, and 2 fresh garlic crushed.
CAN WE USE GLUTEN-FREE? Yes, you can use your favorite gluten-free bread crumbs or make your own (crushing corn chips).
The fresh garlic, along with the pecorino cheese in the mixture is what gives these stuffed pork chops a wonderful depth of flavor. So don’t leave them out.
COOK’S NOTES and TIPS for Baked Stuffed Pork Chops:
I will say, I used 2 slices of prosciutto in each pork chop. If you buy prosciutto in a package, the slices are very thin and about 6-inches in length and you can stuff each pork chops with 2 slices.
If you purchase freshly sliced prosciutto from a deli, which are usually longer (and sometimes thicker) then you will need only 3 slices (one for each chop) and cut them in halves or fold them to fit each pocket.
Also, you can use mozzarella, Havarti, Swiss, and even provolone cheese in the stuffing. All work equally well.
Baked Stuffed Pork Chops with Prosciutto and Cheese turned out to be very flavorful. They were crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside.
Serve them with a side of our roasted Parmesan Truffle Oil Potato Wedges or with our Garlic Mashed Potatoes, or our Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes, some gravy, and a green salad, and call it a day. Everyone enjoyed them!
Hope you will try this recipe!!
…Don’t forget to PIN and SHARE!
More delicious recipes for Pork…
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 3 boneless center-cut Pork Chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 6 slices of prosciutto
- 3 to 6 slices of Swiss cheese, or Havarti or mozzarella
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, and extra
Bread Crumb Mixture
- 1/3 cup of plain bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees. Drizzle some olive oil on the bottom of a baking dish. Set aside.
- First, using two breading trays. In one tray, mix bread crumbs, pecorino cheese, dried parsley, minced garlic, and ground pepper and salt until well combined.
- In the other tray, pour the olive oil, for dipping. Set both trays aside.
- Take each boneless pork chop, place on a cutting board, and using a sharp knife, carefully slice a deep pocket, horizontally almost through, leaving the sides intact.
- Stuff each pork chop with 2 slices of prosciutto, 1 to 2 slices of Swiss cheese or mozzarella, fold them in half if you need to.
- Then dip each pork chop entirely into the olive oil to coat both sides. Then dip into the bread crumb mixture to coat both sides. It's easier if you use your hands to dip and coat the chops.
- Transfer onto the prepared baking dish or pan.
- Take the remaining olive oil left in the tray and drizzle some on top of each pork chop, this will keep them moist while baking.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes, or until they are fully cooked. Remove and serve.
- Serves 3
Are you cooking or baking with us? If you make this delicious baked stuffed pork chops recipe, let us know and leave a comment with a star rating below!
We’d love to see what you cook!
Happy Cooking! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by…
xo Anna and Liz