One bowl, no-mixer and less than 10 minutes to throw it all together, Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread is so incredibly moist inside, it will fall apart while you’re eating it. Sounds too good to be true? It’s not! You may even want to serve it as a cake instead of bread.
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread is truly a chocolate lover’s dream! This is another “make ahead” that’s simple and incredibly decadent. It’s not only loaded inside with cocoa and chocolate chips, it’s even topped with a dark chocolate ganache and mini chocolate chips.
It’s the amazing dark chocolate flavor that’s always a huge hit!
Best of all, no one will ever notice there’s 2 cups of zucchini in this bread. To say the least, this happens to be the BEST zucchini bread we have ever made! It’s the kind that melts-in-your-mouth kind of bread. YUM!
A few weeks ago we made our Death by Chocolate Zucchini Muffins and decided this time to make it into a Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread. More chocolate is always better! It’s the perfect bread (or cake/dessert) to bring to a picnic or dinner party. A healthier alternative to chocolate cake!
You’ll have to try this recipe!
Ok go ahead and PIN it and SHARE!! … and thanks for stopping by!
Here are some of the ingredients you will need:
- 1 + ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted unsalted butter, and extra
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups packed grated zucchini ( 2 medium-size or 3 small ones)
- ⅔ cup bitter-sweet chocolate chips (65% cacao)
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch loaf pan with some butter and dust with cocoa powder and set aside.
- In one large bowl, whisk together sugar and egg and egg yolk until smooth, about 1 minute. Add (sightly cooled) melted butter and vanilla extract and continue to whisk until smooth. Whisk in the zucchini. Then slowly whisk in the cocoa powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and flour until all the flour mixture is well incorporated, about 2 minutes or 25 strokes. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer batter to the loaf pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Bread should be done when toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the bread to slightly cool in pan for about 5 minutes, transfer to rack to cool completely.
- In a small double boiler, heat 1 tablespoon of heavy cream for 1 minute, then add the chocolate chips. Stir the chips until they melt and remove from heat.
- Allow the ganache to cool for about 2 minutes. Then spread ganache on zucchini bread and sprinkle on top with mini chocolate chips. Store the zucchini bread in a large container.
- Yields: 10 slices