Making dinner alfresco can be very enjoyable! We love to cook, but when it comes to grilling steaks, only my husband does it best! He has it down to a science (so he thinks). When he grills, he gets it right – no matter the size of the steak. He can grill a London Broil Beef Steak to perfection!
Here are some of his tips on how to grill a London Broil Steak to Perfection!
First, it’s very important that you allow the meat to warm up to room temperature, at least one hour before you cook it. It is equally important to heat your grill until extremely hot before you throw the meat onto it. The thickness the steak is as important, it should be a good cut and at least two inches thick. While grilling it on the BBQ, the outside of the steak will be charred, but the inside will be remain very tender and juicy.
Serve a great steak with our simple Italian Tomato Salad and some bread and it’s a DIVINE dinner! Pair with a deep red velvety Chianti Riserva for an exquisite dinner with family and friends. Enjoy!
London Broil Steak Grilled to Perfection
1 London Broil Steak (about 2 pounds) at least 2-inches thick
4 Tbsp. of salted butter- divided
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. of black pepper or fresh cracked pepper
1. Heat grill outside for about 10 minutes. Place the meat onto a dish , allow to warm up at room temperature. Lightly sprinkle both sides of the steak with salt. Once the grill is extremely hot (should be 600 degrees on the BBQ Thermometer), place the meat onto the grill. Close the lid.
2. Cook the steak for about 3 minutes, then open the lid and flip over the meat. Leave the lid open.
3. Add the garlic powder and black pepper generously on top. Place 2 Tbsp. of butter on top of the meat to melt while cooking. And cook for additional 3 minutes.
4. Flip over the meat again to the other side. Sprinkle with garlic powder and black pepper again.
Add the other 2 Tbsp. of butter on top. Cook the steak for 4 minutes more.
Total about 7 minutes on each side of the meat, for medium.
5. Remove the meat and allow to sit on a cutting board for a few minutes before serving.
Then carve the meat on a slight angle. Slice thinly and serve immediately.
Allow the steak to warm up!
Grilled to Perfection!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend! This was previously posted in 7/18/2011.
Thanks for stopping by!